Forklift, a mod loader for Shenmue 1/2 HD

Your firewall might block the Wulinshu update server. You can safely ignore it, since D3T is done with the game.
I use my firewall with a whitelist to block new applications unless allowed so yeah the message is slightly annoying. I wish I could disable it.

Sorry for necroing (and possibly asking a question that was answered before), but I was wondering if there was a way to use the loader without the Wulinshu hook server stuff. I understand why it's there and how helpful it's been to the community, but I'm just overly paranoid about data collection stuff like this, especially when I can't turn it off.

Sorry for necroing (and possibly asking a question that was answered before), but I was wondering if there was a way to use the loader without the Wulinshu hook server stuff. I understand why it's there and how helpful it's been to the community, but I'm just overly paranoid about data collection stuff like this, especially when I can't turn it off.

There isn't a way to turn it off at present time. I understand the paranoia; but I can assure you, there is no data collection going on, beyond "send this version string to see if it's out of date". Nothing is stored, nothing is looked at beyond that, and there's not even any way for us to look at what's sent.

Sorry for the late reply. The source that is on GitHub is the exact source that is being used to compile Forklift. Feel free to remove the HTTP stuff :)

Hello @Raymonf @LemonHaze and everyone! I would apreciate some help here with my "Better Textures" mod: I am trying to retexture the notepad with higher resolution textures using Forklift but I am getting an unexpected error.
Until now, I have retextured the pigeons and Timex Watch with no problems replacing their vanilla textures with HD textures (1024x1024), but I am not able to do the same with the notepad :(
The notepad textures are stored in model\item\mma0201g.mt5. Well, If I replace any texture included in this file without changing the texture size (for example, changing only the texture colour) everything works fine and I can see the replacement ingame. BUT, if I change the texture resolution of any file included in mma0201g.mt5 the game crashes when I try to open the notepad (pressing Q key). I have tried with lots of resolutions: 256x256, 512, 1024 and different formats (4444 and 1555 in pvr tool)... and the result is the same: a game crash.
I attach here my forklift mod if someone want to take a look: It is only a test. In the attached mod I have replaced the paper sheet texture (index 4/Global index 3 in MTE tool) with a bigger texture of 512x128, but same thing happens if I try to replace the cover texture (index 3) with a bigger one.
Sometimes I get this error message when the game crashes:
error-forklift.jpg

If I press the Ignore button, the notepad textures are all white:
20200915005517_1.jpg

I don't know what more can I do. Also, I attach here my HD textures for the notepad in case someone is able to mod mma0201g.mt5 file with success. I would be very grateful!

Attachments

• mods.zip
    38.4 KB · Views: 4
  • HD textures for notebook.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
Hello @Raymonf @LemonHaze and everyone! I would apreciate some help here with my "Better Textures" mod: I am trying to retexture the notepad with higher resolution textures using Forklift but I am getting an unexpected error.
Until now, I have retextured the pigeons and Timex Watch with no problems replacing their vanilla textures with HD textures (1024x1024), but I am not able to do the same with the notepad :(
The notepad textures are stored in model\item\mma0201g.mt5. Well, If I replace any texture included in this file without changing the texture size (for example, changing only the texture colour) everything works fine and I can see the replacement ingame. BUT, if I change the texture resolution of any file included in mma0201g.mt5 the game crashes when I try to open the notepad (pressing Q key). I have tried with lots of resolutions: 256x256, 512, 1024 and different formats (4444 and 1555 in pvr tool)... and the result is the same: a game crash.
I attach here my forklift mod if someone want to take a look: It is only a test. In the attached mod I have replaced the paper sheet texture (index 4/Global index 3 in MTE tool) with a bigger texture of 512x128, but same thing happens if I try to replace the cover texture (index 3) with a bigger one.
Sometimes I get this error message when the game crashes:
error-forklift.jpg

If I press the Ignore button, the notepad textures are all white:
20200915005517_1.jpg

I don't know what more can I do. Also, I attach here my HD textures for the notepad in case someone is able to mod mma0201g.mt5 file with success. I would be very grateful!

This isn't a Forklift issue!

Feel free to DM me on Discord whatever and I can help you out :D

Also I have a feeling Raymonf might not know much about any of this stuff anymore! :p

This isn't a Forklift issue!

Feel free to DM me on Discord whatever and I can help you out :D

Also I have a feeling Raymonf might not know much about any of this stuff anymore! :p
Yeah, I haven't been keeping up :)

I'm guessing it's a DDS format issue though.

I used to have this working but had to wipe my C drive a few months ago, and have only just got around to reinstalling Shenmue I & II. I'm not sure if I've copied and pasted into the right directory? I can't seem to get the Japanese Audio Restoration Mod working any more:

1605841735141.png

I used to have this working but had to wipe my C drive a few months ago, and have only just got around to reinstalling Shenmue I & II. I'm not sure if I've copied and pasted into the right directory? I can't seem to get the Japanese Audio Restoration Mod working any more
The DLL files and the mods folder should go in either the sm1 or sm2 folder, not the base folder with the launcher. Could you try that with the version of Shenmue you wanted to use the mod with?

The DLL files and the mods folder should go in either the sm1 or sm2 folder, not the base folder with the launcher. Could you try that with the version of Shenmue you wanted to use the mod with?
That was it, thanks very much :)

Forklift has been nagging me for the last 2-3 days that it found an update. Doesn't look like there is one though...
Haven't changed anything about or around the game, it just started popping the message on one of the last few days.

Forklift has been nagging me for the last 2-3 days that it found an update. Doesn't look like there is one though...
Haven't changed anything about or around the game, it just started popping the message on one of the last few days.
Yeah, it's been doing that for a long time. I kinda like it though, gives me a quick and reliable indicator that forklift is working before the game loads

Hello, like some others members, forklift ask me to come here for an update, but unlike others it seem, it always rollback to the game selection even when firewall are desactivated nor when I choose to launch with the individual game exe.
Any idea about a solution ?
Edit : so I just saw that https://wulinshu.raymonf.me/ is down, is there no version without it avaible or am I stuck playing the pc version with shitty audio since the audio restoration mod need this ?

Last edited:
Hello, like some others members, forklift ask me to come here for an update, but unlike others it seem, it always rollback to the game selection even when firewall are desactivated nor when I choose to launch with the individual game exe.
Any idea about a solution ?
Edit : so I just saw that https://wulinshu.raymonf.me/ is down, is there no version without it avaible or am I stuck playing the pc version with shitty audio since the audio restoration mod need this ?
There is no new update, the message you get is because the hash database site was closed due to it not being needed anymore.

You can ignore the message and Forklift should work fine, does that work for you?

There is no new update, the message you get is because the hash database site was closed due to it not being needed anymore.

You can ignore the message and Forklift should work fine, does that work for you?
Hello, sorry for the misinterpretation but it is a Special K issue and not a Forklift one, which roll back to the game selection after having selected one, sad to see for shenmue2 because it was the only way to use some better texture mods.

Hello, sorry for the misinterpretation but it is a Special K issue and not a Forklift one, which roll back to the game selection after having selected one, sad to see for shenmue2 because it was the only way to use some better texture mods.
SpecialK rarely works anyways and is also really bad because it doesn’t replace the files the textures themselves with the proper names, it just intercepts DirectX calls and gives each texture a hash for its file name. With Forklift etc it uses the original names and paths and it actually works.

Are you sure there’s not a Forklift version of the mod(s)?

Back