Gamespot Shenmue 3 segment - June 12th (2PM PDT/10PM BST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Brown

Administrator
Game Spot appear to be showcasing Shenmue 3 in a 20 minute segment from E3 on 12th June!

https://www.gamespot.com/e3/schedule/

According to the blurb at the top of the schedule, "After all of the press conferences, we'll continue into the week of E3 with more live streams, announcements, interviews, and more."

The 20 minutes they have allotted for Shenmue 3 falls into this, so it will almost certainly be worth tuning into for, maybe some press gameplay footage, or perhaps an interview, or maybe just impressions?

One to definitely keep an eye on :)

Last edited:
Does that possibly mean a 20 length video?
Strictly speaking there's no guarantee of a video or live demo at all... but in all likelihood there will be something.

Won't fill that 20 minute slot exactly though, there will be preamble, maybe some chat with whoever is there demoing the game. 10-15 seems more reasonable if this is where the gameplay is debuting.

it can mean a lot of things. these Gamespot / IGN / ... segments can also be just talking segments where they talk
about what they saw in private or a interview with the developer or someone shows new parts of the game
and they talk about that. lots of possibilities
The "talk about stuff seen in private" is more fodder for wrap-ups and podcasts. These livestreamed stage shows are almost entirely a rotating chair of guests coming in to talk about/show their game, so we can narrow it down to that at least.

I think we're going to see it being played.

Tell you what DS must be getting some money together to get something on Gamespot live.

I can't watch it live due to work so I'll have to catch up.

This is it! Awesome news.

they also showed Kingdom Come at pretty much every event there was
(interviews, live gameplay sessions, Q&A, even after the official release)
and it was always a german PR guy from Warhorse Studios. its a game published by Deep Silver,
so i doubt that Warhorse arranged all of that by themselves. that wouldnt make any sense.
i mean they even bought Warhorse Studios after that.

they sent the PR guy from Warhorse to the biggest Let's Player from Germany (5 mil subscribers)
with a exclusive preview version of Kingdom Come (the Deep Silver guys were there too but stayed in the background)
and Kingdom Come had a booth at Gamescom 2018 just because of one new small DLC.

they did 2-3 preview events for the press for Metro Exodus (+that first gameplay trailer reveal at E3 on the big stage),
they also gave IGN a preview presentation for Outward more than one month before the official release
and sent CohhCarnage a key for the full game and he streamed it for 5-7 days with 15.000 people.
(without any extra sponsoring)
(thats just a indie RPG survival game made by 10 people)

i know that people like to bash Deep Silver because "they arent doing anything to help"
but its not like they are incapable. we just have to relax and wait a little bit.

Last edited:
It could be an on stage gameplay walkthrough with new footage.
Or it could be Yu talking to an interviewer about the game with no new footage at all (i.e just old footage played in the background while they talk.)

Either way, we will find out soon enough. :)

Now I feel I'm getting into E3 mode. :) Still holding out hope for a longer version of that Walmart footage. Give me a new trailer at least

Lol here we fucking go!!! This is actually huge!! For us and for the game. Usually these segments contain someone playing the game while they talk about it or at least some footage which they describe / answer questions about.

Fucking good on Deep Silver and Ysnet for lining this up. Going to have a large amount of eyes on this and I almost wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the only site to give some Shenmue coverage!! (aka Cedric keeps retweeting the PC Game Show lol it has to be there too!!!!)

Fuck yes!!

I watched some of the Gamesppt coverage for EA yesterday and it just had Greg Miller (who I thought was with kinda funny games...) talking with a Battlefield 5 developer. I'm not expecting a full 20 min demo, but I'd say we're definitely getting the 3-5 min trailer at the very least!

I think also after the delay, we deserve something to keep the our hopes up - the Walmart leak which really only had 15 seconds of new footage at best made us loose our minds, so I'm sure we will leave e3 satisfied :)

Nice! Gamespot is still my only gamings site, although only visit the last 3 or so years a few times a month and the past 5 years or so not even recognize much of the staff. Definitely going to call in late to work by an hour so I can watch live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back