General RGG Discussion

So I finished the Clan Creator in Kiwami 2, with the exception of the final sub-mission that seems impossible. Any advice? Is there any point in doing it? It seems I might’ve leveled the wrong characters. Unfortunately, it takes forever to get everyone to level 10 and there’s no way I’m paying $20 to get stronger characters for one last mission. I’ve probably wasted at least ten hours on this mini game...

I fought one of the wrestlers at the coliseum and got my ass handed to me when he regenerated all his health and turned red.

Once I learned how to use triangle or whatever, to regenerate my clan characters' health, I mopped the floor with everyone lol. I got to Riki Chosu's level, without ever using that regenerate function.

Basically, I didn't go anywhere without Majima in the group and then added every new wrestler (specifically, Muta and Chono), along with a sprinkling of the NJPW guys, namely Okada, Naito, Yano and Tenzan; IMO, don't waste your time with Tanahashi and Kojima.

don't waste your time with Kojima.

CeHM4abW8AA6QQD.jpg

Once I learned how to use triangle or whatever, to regenerate my clan characters' health, I mopped the floor with everyone lol. I got to Riki Chosu's level, without ever using that regenerate function.

Basically, I didn't go anywhere without Majima in the group and then added every new wrestler (specifically, Muta and Chono), along with a sprinkling of the NJPW guys, namely Okada, Naito, Yano and Tenzan; IMO, don't waste your time with Tanahashi and Kojima.
I'm getting wiped out within like 2 waves on the last mission (the 10 star). It appears the skills that affect your stats are more important than the skills that give you special attacks. I'm just not sure if it's worth wasting my time, but it is gonna eat away at me if I leave one last mission uncleared... And I understand I can't get the final Coliseum if I don't finish it.

Actually, I don’t think you need to complete all of the clan missions in order to get the last coliseum stage. You just need to finish the story missions, then you need to finish all of the sub-stories.

Hey everyone! Just want to apologies that this OP was several months out of date and didn't reflect any of the recent new releases/updates. I'm massively behind on all the recent-ish RGG releases within the past year as I am with Shen3 as I'm unable to set aside uninterrupted time at the minute (esp. with everything going down) but I haven't forgotten. Hope you're all well, eager and excited for what's ahead regardless of what it may be.

This upcoming event in particular seems like it will bring new RGG-related announcements (failing that, then whatever this year's TGS-equivalent will be): https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ther-their-own-e3-esque-conference-next-month

Yakuza 3 Episode 10
I love Okinawa, not as much as Onomichi but I really like the city. I think I tend to prefer the games with only one main character, I will see how 4 and 5 are in that area knowing the super popuated roster. Still dos not know how to fish, I miss Shenmue III or Yakuza 0 fishing. I like the stories with the childs in the Morning Glory (btw, who thought that a morning erection reference was a good idea for that kind of place). I am not really a fan of the Cabaret in this version, nor the talk with gals (never my favourite) or the build a hostess, I prefer the Time Managment stuff.

That said I am really liking Yakuza 3, right now more than Kiwami 2 and Kiwami 1

Last edited:
Thank you for that :D

BTW, a Morning Glory is a type of flower; it was to spinoff of the orphanage where Kiryu was raised (Sunflower).

I just beat Yakuza 3 last week. Really enjoyed it, even more so than the first time I played it. The story and characters are great. I wish Okinawa was just a little bit bigger, but that’s just me. Was Yakuza 3 rushed during the original time of its development? This was actually really short compared to the other games.

I started Yakuza 4 immediately after. I always liked Akiyama’s character. I wouldn’t mind an entire spinoff just revolving around him, or even if they worked him into a Judgement sequel. I never really liked his fighting style though.

I just beat Yakuza 3 last week. Really enjoyed it, even more so than the first time I played it. The story and characters are great. I wish Okinawa was just a little bit bigger, but that’s just me. Was Yakuza 3 rushed during the original time of its development? This was actually really short compared to the other games.

I started Yakuza 4 immediately after. I always liked Akiyama’s character. I wouldn’t mind an entire spinoff just revolving around him, or even if they worked him into a Judgement sequel. I never really liked his fighting style though.

Totally would be down for an Akiyama spinoff. And it must bring back the dancing minigame from 0 and maybe him managing a pop idol as side activities.

Main story of Yakuza 3 completed, around the 30 hour mark. I really like this game, I mean, yeah, looks shorter than the Kiwamis but is not dragging down artificially like the Kiwamis in some aspects. Also, the story is less complex and does not need 100 turns to be interesting, love the dinamic with the kids and the brighter tone in general. I will probably keep playing for a week but I am not trying the Platinum.

Right now my RGG Ranking:
Yakuza 6
Yakuza 0
Yakuza 3
Kiwami 2
Kiwami 1
Jugdment

I did some streaming of Yakuza 4 earlier.

Still testing this shit out...but there is my ugly mug and voice for all of you to see

And yes before anyone remarks...I know I sound American but I assure you, I am Australian ;) (I think it's the lisp and the fact that I kind of adopted the American accent without realising when growing up on American Pop Culture.)

I want to do more now that I have the Elgato Capture Card. Bitrates still bug me, but I think I got audio levels pretty decent.

Last edited:
Back