General RGG Discussion

To be fair, Kiryu still looks like he could be in his 30s as well πŸ™‚.
Of course it could never hold a candle to Kuroda's version, his voice is how Kiryu is *supposed* to sound.
The same goes for every other Japanese IP and there are only a select few exceptions to that rule.

That said, I think he sounds serviceable.

Ironic. Wonder if he'll cover the poor response to his VO on his gaming outrage channel... πŸ€”

The voice is meh I'll be honest.

Lots of the comments finding the irony in his statement given he made a YT career of slating shit and passing things off as fact while poorly researched which is brilliant given the amount of people he's probably wound up over the years.

I've nothing against him personally mind.

While I'm not one of the YongYea haters and think his voice sounds okay for an English dub, wouldn't it be funny to read one of his video thumbnails going "Yakuza voice actor gets trashed by the internet" and in the whole video he doesn't mention that it's actually about himself?

The voice is meh I'll be honest.

Lots of the comments finding the irony in his statement given he made a YT career of slating shit and passing things off as fact while poorly researched which is brilliant given the amount of people he's probably wound up over the years.

I've nothing against him personally mind.
Tbh, that's what you get for playing Yakuza games with the English dub on. Not hating or anything but who even does that?

I love the Yakuza games and have beaten them all except I still haven't gotten around to buying Ishin yet. Life has been busy but I was thinking of getting it in Aug before the Erased His Name game in Nov.

What is everyone's thoughts on Ishin like how is it? How does it hold up? What's your favorite part about it? How big of a role do characters like Haruka and others play in the storyline?

Disclaimer: I haven't played the original Japanese version of Ishin, so I can't make a direct comparison. I only know that they changed some of the characters to include characters from more recent entries as well.

The game looks nice due to being moved to the Unreal engine, but based on its mechanics you can tell that under the hood it's in the same vein as older releases like Yakuza 3-5. To me that is not an issue as I love games from all eras, but if you're sensitive to that kind of thing it's at least something to take note of.

What I really like about it is that it's essentially another Yakuza/Like a Dragon entry with the familiar characters, but with the spin of being a period piece. Also, the game explores slightly different character dynamics than what we're used to from the mainline entries.

You'll see characters from 0-7 appear in this (and a few new ones). The fighting is fast-paced and the mini-games are a fun mix of classics with some new ones.

Haruka is only involved in side content. It's a great chunk of extra content if you like to explore these games beyond just the main storyline, but aside from her character introduction that you'll run into at some point it's completely optional.

All that being said; In general I'd implore anyone who's interested in a piece of media to just try it out and never rely on someone else's opinion. The game is on sale all the time, so it's not a big risk. If you're on PlayStation there's a free demo that should still be available.

[/b]I love the Yakuza games and have beaten them all except[/b]

What is everyone's thoughts on Ishin like how is it? How does it hold up? What's your favorite part about it? How big of a role do characters like Haruka and others play in the storyline?

You've beaten Kenzan! and the Kurohyos!?

And You said it best: it's a great game and it is available, thus absolutely buy it!

But it's not as good as the original: of course this one looks better and more modern, but for when it came out, Ishin! was an absolutely gorgeous game that looked phenomenal: I remember it looking so warm and colourful, the first few steps in Tosa and it is the only RGG game that looked among the best on the console for ANY genre/franchise, upon release (whereas each other release has looked superb, but not among the console's best).

Yeah i guess this confirms it. Gaiden will be digital only in the west.

The only other information i could find about this, is that it seems like all physical japanese PS5 RGG games
since Like A Dragon 7 are coming with english text. So that could be a useful option.

Last edited:
Yeah i guess this confirms it. Gaiden will be digital only in the west.

The only other information i could find about this, is that it seems like all physical japanese PS5 RGG games
since Like A Dragon 7 are coming with english text. So that could be a useful option.
I hate that gaming is going this way. With the recent Ubisoft issues of shutting down accounts I worry for gaming preservation going forwards.

Will get the JP version and hope it gets English subs and menu.

Back