General RGG Discussion

Just need clarification on what release will have Enlgish menu's fro the upcomiogn Gaiden Game:

Japanese:

Asian:

I have the Asian version ordered but if the Japanese vesion DOES have English Menus and subs I'd rather that.

If you scroll down on both pages, it says on the bottom

Audio: Japanese, English
Subtitles: Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian

So Play Asia is saying that both of them are coming with all supported languages.
But i cant tell you if thats true or not.

I mean for such a small limited release, it probably makes more sense to just release one multi language version
and not different language versions.

I don't think it has anything to do with the game's content.
They just informed us the cover has Chinese writing on it, which some people may not want.

At this point it *seems* like both versions will have English text options in it in which case I prefer the Japanese cover.

Interestingly I haven't had an email yet.... I'll keep an eye out.

My first impressions for Gaiden are positive. The Agent fighting style alright, seems something more suited for Yagami. But at least the fighting style is actually woven into the narrative. Not in a huge way, but characters within the main story acknowledge it. I just unlocked the classic Yakuza fighting style though. If what little I played indicates anything, then this iteration of the combat system may make this my favorite Yakuza game.

* Referring to the Yakuza style. Still not very keen on the Agent style (or the idea of it)

I got a response and confirmed the JP version of the game.

Glad I double-dipped digitally though as I have no clue when exactly I'll receive the physical edition.
Only played a bit so far and am digging it.

Will probably use the internet a bit more sparsely until I've at least finished the story portion to avoid spoilers.

Enjoy the game, everybody!

I also got a reply from Play-Asia about the Asia and Japanese physical releases. So apparently, the Asia release will have an English menu, while the Japanese release will not. Both releases however, will have optional English subtitles and dub.
THANK YOU!

It's SO difficult to get clarification on things like this until release. Asian version it is then!

Been having fun on the pc version. I think a bit over 8 hours in? On chapter 3 currently. Was worried when I heard it was pretty short, but to be honest it seems more a length I might actually not mind one bit since I’m not likely to burn out half way through. Remember feeling the same way about 6 in particular. And yet I still feel I’ve barely scratched the surface on side content here.

I even died early on, which I think might be the first time since 3 for me(which incidentally was my first time with the series). Haven’t since then, but it’s been tougher than many previous games. I enjoy a bit more challenge. I still kinda prefer how combat worked in 6, and especially liked how leveling worked more there as well, but this is in no way bad.

I think my favorite thing might be customization, even if it kind of throws out any sense of seriousness in the more dramatic cutscenes. Surprised they’ve decided to just let players do this after so long of having similar stuff locked behind premium adventure or whatever.

IMG_4754.jpegIMG_4757.jpeg

As funds have been VERY tight, I am not double-dipping afterall (and seeing that there is no region-locked DLC, made the decision even more apt), so I will be waiting for the next 14 days for it to arrive.

Which is fine, as it is something I can sink my teeth into after some guides and such have been out, as I notoriously get stuck on certain side-missions and completion items, at some point during every game.

Have fun, everyone! :D

Good luck on the wait Truck! I didn’t order a copy myself, but I always find it hard to wait when I do with games. I’ll try not to post anymore spoilers in here. I will say, much of the side content in here is far more streamlined, which while it kind of kills the surprise of just finding things when exploring or on your way to something else, it makes it much easier to just not get stuck on some vague thing.

Not a problem! Anyone can post spoilers with tags, if you want to discuss; I will sink my teeth fully into this game as I always have, so nothing will be missed ;)

I decided to watch a full Gaiden story summary + all cutscenes instead of playing it.
I really dont care about stuff like the arena and challenges, so 50€ for lets say 10-12 hours of story
+ 6-8 hours of side content is simply too expensive for me right now.
But after watching a couple of Infinite Wealth Special Trial videos,
i'm going to buy that on day one. I think its for the best to not get burned out.

Infinite Wealth IGN article

As reported by Japanese outlet Game Watch and translated by Automaton,
RGG studio head Masayoshi Yokoyama said
"The games take a long time to clear, don’t they?
[Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name] not so much,
but Infinite Wealth is a monster-class game, longer than anything we’ve made so far," Yokoyama said.

Seems like overall its gonna be bigger than Yakuza 5.

Just started playing Man Who Erased His Name, and randomly thought of the Onomichi bar folks you meet in Yakuza 6. Highly unlikely we'll ever see any of them again, but I quietly hope one day the games give us a sidemission where we meet with them again. Y6 did a great job making those NPC's feel like friends that revisiting them would be as delightful as the return of the cabaret characters in YK2.

Well, I spent something like 30-odd hours total on Gaiden, got near everything I cared for at least. All substories, requests, coliseum stuff, clothing, most of the new little mini request things. Barely touched the hostess stuff just because it seems like it may take way too long to do it, and pocket circuit, ugh…maybe it’s just because it’s my first time trying it but I can’t seem to build anything that doesn’t fly off or stall on the third track. Feels like RNG enough to get me frustrated with the whole thing and be done with it, unfortunately.

The rest of the game certainly got easier after the first few hours, once you start getting super OP for the most part. The only thing I set the difficulty to easy for was the Amon fight. Seen others say it was easy but it felt way harder than the one in 6, which only took me two tries if I remember right. Still neither are as bad as the one in 4, which I don’t think I ever beat.

Inadvertently spoiled stuff I didn’t know, having only played halfway through 7, but I kind of expected it and it’s been hard not to see some spoilers by now for that game just being involved as a fan anyway. Regardless, for how short it is compared to others, I really loved my time with the game and especially the ending. Folks were not kidding about how emotional it gets…and it makes me both worried for and sort of anticipating how much YongYae’s poor acting will butcher one scene in particular - the same kind of train wreck you can’t pull your eyes away from as someone like DSP just being totally awful at a game. Ah well.

Then finally gave the Infinite Wealth demo a shot, just an hour each for both modes as I don’t want to ruin everything for myself. It’s crazy even with a ton of shared assets just how different the game feels. I’m all for it for the most part, but I think it also accentuates just how much Gaiden is sort of a culmination of the series prior. Something I think was said about Dead Souls, fits far more here. Tears of the Kingdom has been my personal game of the year, and this is nowhere near that scope for sure, and yet I feel it’s surpassed the amount of enjoyment and value I got out of it.

Great read, Heartland!

I still don't think mine has left Asia, from what I saw on the tracking yesterday, thus I am kicking myself for not going for the faster shipping: as I wrote above, I expected it to take a bit of time and welcomed it, but I don't think I'll get it by December at this point...

Back