Hands on review vandal (spanish)

Hi guys! New hands on from a spanish website, this time is from vandal.net

I'll translate the key points.

"The legend returns"

"We played the already legendary title accompanied by Yu Suzuki to discover a title stuck in time that maintains the essence of the saga intact."

"It is a game totally outdated in many aspects, whose objective is, literally, to continue what is seen in Shenmue II . Technically it uses current rendering technologies, but everything else - interactions, mini-games, animations ... - could be perfectly Dreamcast. Everything just as we left in Shenmue 2 "

"We were able to try the combat, which we found tremendously disappointing. We think it may be because you have to raise the level to unlock new moves and combos, but to be from one of the parents of the three-dimensional fight, it has left us quite cold . In addition, the animations during the combat have seemed very, very bad. "

"Shenmue III is a title that will be aimed at the most hardcorefans of the saga, those who have been waiting for a third installment decades and, finally, will be able to play it. The limitations are obvious, and their priorities are clear. It is a game whose core seems to remain trapped in Dreamcast, who wants to continue telling a story and invite us to discover a unique world. And even so, it 's a unique and charming game, and we're looking forward to playing more . "

"This does not mean that we would have liked to see a greater technical ambition, even if it was simply to make modern animations. As we said before, we have conflicting feelings. Surely, we would not have enjoyed this demo so much without Yu Suzuki by our side, and it is also true that 15 minutes of Shenmue is almost like flipping through a book .Shenmue III will arrive at PS4 and PC in November, a month in which it will have to face several triple A ; triple A that will further accentuate their shortcomings, but perhaps also their virtues? "

And this was all! In my opinion it seems a very possitive review from the fans points of view and it doesn't say nothing we didn't know. After reading several reviews I can imagine what we are going to have, and that is no less than a 2001 Shenmue 3 with actual graphics. I'm totally happy with this.

The only thing that worries me is if is this enough to sell the game to newcomers? I'm sure we'll be all happy after all with the game and its flaws but we need the game to sell in order to see a Shenmue 4 or 5 one day...

well in this state i don't think the game will be a success among non-fans,i still don't understand why they can't archieve decent animations(i have played a lot of low budget and they succeed in this aspect).Maybe yu made a mistake when he decided to expand the open world instead of focusing on some technical aspects, i hope that in this remaining months the magic happens

well in this state i don't think the game will be a success among non-fans,i still don't understand why they can't archieve decent animations(i have played a lot of low budget and they succeed in this aspect).Maybe yu made a mistake when he decided to expand the open world instead of focusing on some technical aspects, i hope that in this remaining months the magic happens

I'll be interested to see who the animation director is. That's if they actually hired one.

Back