Hanhui's Lunging Strike "variations"

When he teaches you this move, he says there are variations besides the Elbow strike after parrying, whar are the other variations? Do you need to level up the move to unlock them?

Don't know if anyone will ever see this but there IS one variation of the move, and it's the same one he shows you in the cutscene. During combat, if the initial strike is parried by an opponent, you can hit X (or Square) again to immediately follow up with an elbow attack. I've played with this move for a while trying to figure out other variations and that's the only one I've ever noticed.

Maybe it was planned to be expanded for a Dreamcast/Xbox Shenmue III? A shame the "Lunging Strike" as it is in II doesn't seem to exist whatsoever in Shenmue III, along with Swallow Dive.

Last edited:
It shocked me these moves were left out. I believe honestly the game should have included more moves and ways to keep them together and across all games. I even believe they could have included the moves in three including throws and kept them together. For some reason they didn't. I don't understand it myself.

The Lunging Strike was only in 2, hence the message thread name Hanhui's Lunging Strike.
The most annoying move not to be included in Shenmue 3 has to be the Demons Triangle, you get teased with that move at the end of 2 and don't get to use it then they decide not to include it in the third. 😂

Back