Happy 2nd Birthday, Shenmue III!

I have fond memories of exploring Bailu Village and Niowu. Hopefully they can make a 4th game that improves upon 3, showing what happens in the aftermath of Niao Sun taking over the CYM and Ryo reaching the cliff temple.

Damn has this gone by quick! Time still feels really messed up thanks to the pandemic so I guess that didn't help :p

Shenmue has always been a Christmas game for me, so in a month or so I'll do the yearly Shenmue I & II playthrough, but will be doing a full Shenmue III run for the first time since Shenmue III came out! Really looking forward to it to be honest and will be using the Classic Camera Mod, while playing in Japanese which I haven't done yet.

Now that SIII is also on Steam (and that EGS now has achievements), I wonder if I can stomach going for the 100% trophy run. Saying that, does anyone know if EGS's achievement rollout retroactively awards them like GOG does?

Hopefully we'll have some Shenmue IV news before Shenmue III gets it's third birthday :D At the very least, we'll have the anime and some more quirky merch :D

Happy Birthday Shenmue 3 !

Haven't come in a while around here, came back to wish a great game a great birthday. Hoping he'll have little brother soon though.

Time does indeed fly by. It’s interesting revisiting my initial impressions and reading through everyone’s various experience. While I readily admit the Old Castle section and ending initially bitterly disappointed me, I really enjoyed Bailu in particular. Now two years on I can say my appreciation of the game has grown, I just hope we will hear something about Shenmue 4 in near future.

Last edited:
I was going to replay III a year ago but I think I'll stick to my tradition of only replaying Shenmue games every 5+ years.

I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I don't usually replay games very often at all, even my favourites, and leaving big gaps in between somehow preserves the specialness and mystery for me.

I see new copies in USA stores no longer have the "DAY ONE EDITION" on the cover. Does that mean that the game was re-printed after the original first print release?

I see new copies in USA stores no longer have the "DAY ONE EDITION" on the cover. Does that mean that the game was re-printed after the original first print release?
Our US Versions never had Day One Edition on the cover. I think that was only on the PAL and JP covers.

Reactions: g77
I already have nostalgia for the game and it's only been out a couple of years!
The pleasure of exploring Bailu and Niaowu :love:

Back