Has anyone beat chai in the arcade on the newly released Shenmue I?

Just confirmed it's still very easy to cheese the fight with demon drop, as per usual I took a couple of unnecessary hits because of my poor judgement and old man reflexes.

I found it too tough in the re-release to the point where I just gave up. For context, I have completed Shenmue 1 at least 12 times and have beaten Chai every time except for my first playthrough. A lot of the time I would even beat him first time without needing to reload my save.

It's either harder or I've lost my touch. Or both.

Just confirmed it's still very easy to cheese the fight with demon drop, as per usual I took a couple of unnecessary hits because of my poor judgement and old man reflexes.
Damn son, he never lets me throw him like that... Brutal!

Yeah, and for the first time ever without relying on the crawl cyclone too! Guess I trained way too much. Too bad this wasn't a trophy/achievement.

I think you guys are just forgetting how hard he's always been.

Funnily enough i did it on my first try and it was the first time i ever beat chai!!!

I never use to read up on tips for shenmue but getting back in again i learned about the crawl cyclone and beat him!

Shame there isn´t an achievement for it though i would of sworn it would of been one :p

Ryo looked like a real professional in that video. DAMN

I found this fight noticeably easier this time around. In the past I’ve had to train moves in order to beat Chai. This time I had done no training and actually had no intention of winning as I’ll be switching over to PS4 tomorrow or the day after anyway.

This time around I beat him twice with ease spamming block and using an untrained crawl cyclone (the first time I waited until 11 and didn’t have time to trigger the Goro scene at the harbor and so did it a second time to avoid a day wait).

I beated him for the first time ever and at the first try... I couldn't' believe it really happen!
Anyway, I'm playing on PC and controls seem to be responsive for me.

I think i’m Fucked with this fight, iirc the game adapts to how good you do in fights, so since I breezed through fights until now my Chai parries 2 attacks out of 3 and counter most throws.

I’m basically fighting vs a ninja that knows most of my button inputs, and the camera makes it all even harder. :/

I think i’m Fucked with this fight, iirc the game adapts to how good you do in fights, so since I breezed through fights until now my Chai parries 2 attacks out of 3 and counter most throws.

I’m basically fighting vs a ninja that knows most of my button inputs, and the camera makes it all even harder. :/
It's best to react to him instead of attacking him straight on. He will parry most of what you throw at him, so it's best to parry him instead and then strike while he's open...

level your throws when you sleep every night, assign demon drop to the left trigger and just hit it as soon as chai is standing and in range. easy peasy. thanks for the tip guys n gals :)

It's best to react to him instead of attacking him straight on. He will parry most of what you throw at him, so it's best to parry him instead and then strike while he's open...

Thanks, finally beat him with luck and a bit of patience.

Still can’t beat him. I’m spamming Crawl Cyclone too. Frustrating.

Back