Has anyone NOT played Shenmue III yet?

I got the game day before release. I have booted it up but have yet to play it. Mainly because I want some peace and quiet around me before I start playing. I did boot it up but then chickened out and closed it down. Just waiting for the right moment.

Wise choice.
The exact opposite happened to me.
I was 100% sure I was going to wait indefinitely (as we know S3 will not close the story anyway) but right as I received the email with the activation code, I furiously downloaded/installed the EpicGamesLauncher and rushed in like a 5 years-old child.

Last edited:
My plan was to complete Shenmue 1 and 2 again. A couple days before Shenmue III got released, I was only half-way through Shenmue 1 and was trying to rush through it. Got to the forklift section and gave up.

I haven't bought it yet, I nearly finished to record shenmue 1 and still plan to record shenmue 2 after a break.

The opinions from some others fans that played it don't entice me to buy it full price and I will think about it during black friday.

Me. Still waiting for my backer copy to come. It might have arrived today if it weren't a bloody bank holiday.

Giving some serious thought to just buying it from PSN.

Yup. Figured I'd wait for the inevitable patches that every new release needs. Decided I'd replay the first two again while I wait

I'm waiting to play it until the EGS backer code issue gets sorted out. I don't want to start without my backer telecom card, though I wonder if I can get it mid-game?

I haven't started it yet. Still on my shenmue 2 HD play through. I'll probably fire it up at Christmas when I'm on leave and can play to my heart's content whilst stuffing my face with sausages in blankets and mince pies

No. My mother had a brain hemmorage last week and been at the hospital since. Suffice to say Shenmue didn't exist on my life at the minute.

Really sorry to hear about your mum Peter :( i hope she`s getting well. I played the first few mins of SH3 but couldnt play anymore. After watching you play on Twitch for so many years i felt bad so i`ve decided to wait for you m8.

Back