"He looked like a dragon."

tdp903

Taking Bailu by storm
Currently playing
Chess
To get an idea about what some of that jazz Muscles Ge was doing and what it has to do with looking like a dragon, this video shows an exercise called "dragon hangs its wings" which is used to develop power generation from the waist.

As for the rest of the video, it seems that the gentlemen definitely have some martial ability, but some of the exercises and "hands-on" demonstrations are a bit eye-brow raising.

"Those moves..." @2:33

The 10 animal forms from Henan* style Xinyi Liuhe Quan. I'm definitely not qualified to compare the differences between Henan and Shanghai styles.

*I'm assuming Henan style since the intro states that it is from Zhoukou city. Having lived in Henan for several years (Zhengzhou city), Zhoukou is about as Henan as it gets.

As for the rest of the video, it seems that the gentlemen definitely have some martial ability, but some of the exercises and "hands-on" demonstrations are a bit eye-brow raising.

"Those moves..." @2:33

Wow, I actually recognized those moves from the realm of ehm ... (quite often nighttime) entertainment! I bet that none of the practitioners knew that they were actually practicing Long Pan Shu moves! Maybe this ancient tradition was passed on under different names? Their specific application wasn't just eyebrow-raising though from what I saw. Of course, small variations from a common lineage are normal I suppose :unsure:

By the way, that guy is lively for an 80 year old.

Back