Help I think my game is broken. (Possible Spoilers)

Hi first off, I'm new to this forum but have been aware of it for a number of years now. Reason I have signed up now is that I have what I think maybe an issue with my copy of Shenmue 1 and 2 on PS4 unless I have just done something wrong which is what I'm hoping for. There issue is later on in the first game where Ryo gets a job at the Harbour so he can get more information about the Mad Angels, first day on the job seems to go just fine, moving crates to Warehouse 18, save Mark from some thugs, carry on then get stopped by a couple of more thugs asking for "Insurance" beat them up then finish the day. Later I get taught 2 new moves including the homeless guy under the stairs.

Next day after you race again, I am given directions to move crates from Warehouse 18 to Warehouse 3, now this seems to be where the problem is. As far as I'm aware a cutscene is supposed to be triggered going into Warehouse 3 during your shift where you get confronted by some of the Mad Angels and others you fought earlier but for some reason it isn't happening at all!! It just carries the day on and that's it. However the homeless man is still teaching me a couple of more moves so them scenes are being triggered but not the scene where you're ambushed in Warehouse 3. I really have no idea what's going on I'm totally lost. All I can think of is that either I have missed something in the process or my game is simply broken and needs a patch!? So Any ideas? Anyone who's played through this on PS4/Xbox One had a similar problem? I did play through this 18 years ago on Dreamcast so my memory is a little fuzzy so I'm hoping I just this something wrong.

Hey don't worry, this is a common bug from the original Shenmue back in the DC days! (well not really a bug as such...just the user isn't following the correct route from the map)

Basically, check out the quota map you are given at the start of the shift, and follow the route exactly how it tells you to. You should be entering Warehouse #3 constantly from the right-hand side. Usually people who are caught in this infinite working loop on day 2, are simply just heading into Warehouse #3 from the left hand side - either you wouldn't think it would matter, or you were just used to heading in from that way, and never tried to differ :p.

Try and be smooth as you can with the crates as the scene can often trigger within the last hour of your shift (4pm-5pm). Keep at it, and keep heading in from the correct direction, and the cutscene will trigger.

Nice taxi you got here :)

Go to the right hand side by the lunch stand and the white van. That’s the only way it can be triggered.

Back