Here's how Shenmue III will be shipped to Europe

Real1

Sofa King
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Disco Elysium - THe Final Cut (Switch), Super Mario Maker 2 (Switch)
PSN
Real1Awesome
Nintendo Friend Code
2815-1822-2899
I asked Fangamer via email what shipping we Europeans will get... Here's the conversation:

My mail:

Hello

I’m a backer of Shenmue III and I filled out the survey and all that today, choosing PS4 as my physical copy of choice. My question is, what kind of shipping will be used (I live in Sweden). Will it be UPS Express or USPS ePacket or IPA?

Thank you for your time

Kind regards
>my name<

Their response:

Hey there >my name<,

While we are still far away from a shipping date, it is likely that we will be using USPS ePacket for the shipments to Europe. Let us know if you have any other questions!

--
Laura Verdin
[email protected]

This means that it will be a slow delivery of about 2-6 weeks if I understand correctly. So I'm afraid we Europeans may have to wait longer for our game and will have to work HARD not to see spoilers or even reviews.

What do you guys think of this?

More info: https://www.fangamer.com/pages/shipping

ePackets delivery time can vary a lot depending on the country. But if I recall it's a maximum of 20 days under worst conditions, so not quite 6 weeks bad. We also don't know if they're pre-emptively shipping before release.

I think I remember reading somewhere that this is pretty standard for physical kickstarter media. Worst case scenario, I'll buy a copy at retail on launch.

ePackets delivery time can vary a lot depending on the country. But if I recall it's a maximum of 20 days under worst conditions, so not quite 6 weeks bad. We also don't know if they're pre-emptively shipping before release.

I think I remember reading somewhere that this is pretty standard for physical kickstarter media. Worst case scenario, I'll buy a copy at retail on launch.

If they can somehow pre-emptively ship to Europe so that players would get the game at around the same time would be best. I hope they do so. It also feels like it might take a bit longer for retail relases to come to stores... Fingers crossed

I'll be ordering one off of general sale anyway & I've got a digital code from the kick starter too.

Hoping it doesn't take too long to arrive once shipped but it's not the end of the world.

I've pre-ordered a retail copy as well, so I won't have to wait for the game.

Personally I'm used to having to wait until stuff I've kickstarted is already available on store shelves before my 'rewards' are received. It sucks, but that's how it is with international shipping.

I've pre-ordered a retail copy as well, so I won't have to wait for the game.

Personally I'm used to having to wait until stuff I've kickstarted is already available on store shelves before my 'rewards' are received. It sucks, but that's how it is with international shipping.

If I have to, I'll buy a retail copy as well. I guess the good thing about that is that I can keep my backer-copy sealed forever.

From what I've heard from friend's who have received physical game copies from Kickstarters they had backed, it seems to be normal for Kickstarter backers to get their rewards after the release date of the game. Unfortunately that's just the way Kickstarters seem to work.

Don't expect Fangamer to ship early or anything like that. I'm not sure if they're even in control of that.

Personally, this is not an issue for me. Since the Kickstarter physical edition will probably get a different (Limited Edition) packaging than the regular one I will want to buy regular physical copies for my collection as well. Also to just support the game. So I will walk into my local electronics retail shop and buy one or two copies of S3 on release day anyway.

If you want to make absolutely sure you'll get to play the game on day 1, you should probably preorder a physical copy at your local retailer or a physical copy on PSN or Steam.

Yeah, I don't know if I worded my post brilliantly, but that's what I meant. Everything I have ever helped fund on Kickstarter has been received at least a week or two after the retail release (and that's best case scenario). I don't think it can really be helped.

I know of some Kickstarters that have shipped physical versions literally a year or so after the game came out because the rewards simply weren't ready (art books, cards, toys, t-shirts, stuff like that). Usually they'll provide a digital download if this happens, but who knows how Ys Net will handle it. I just can't imagine them fulfilling all the higher-end physical rewards on day one, but maybe I'm being pessimistic.

I know of some Kickstarters that have shipped physical versions literally a year or so after the game came out because the rewards simply weren't ready (art books, cards, toys, t-shirts, stuff like that). Usually they'll provide a digital download if this happens, but who knows how Ys Net will handle it. I just can't imagine them fulfilling all the higher-end physical rewards on day one, but maybe I'm being pessimistic.

The worst experience I had with a Kickstarter was I received the 'main' reward (in this instance, it would be the physical game) a month or so after the official retail release and the 'extra' rewards had to be sent separately a few months after that.

The best experience I have had is a Kickstarter sent all (or most) of the 'extra' rewards instantly after funding ended and then sent the 'main' reward once it was ready and released.

Most of the Kickstarters I've backed have sent all of the rewards at the same time though, I think...

I'm not too concerned to be honest. I'm sure everyone will get their rewards and the wait won't be too long.

Well, at this early point it is very difficult to see what will happens in the future. But i will buy a PC-physical Copy in Store on release just to be sure that i can play it on the release day.

For me personally, I was well prepared to the idea of (even significant) delays when I pledged for physical copy, hoping for no further complication arising, but still, prepared for that too.
The fastest most secure thing is pretty much always digital download as far as I'm concerned.
At the time it was all about the actual and literal "kickstarting" of the project, more than anything.

That's interesting for me as European as well. Thanks for sharing the information. I am slacker backer for the Physical PS4 version and it would be a pity if I have to wait that long for my physical copy. Shenmue 3 is the first game in years I really want to play at the release date. Hope I get it as soon as possible. If it really takes that long I need to consider to get Steam version earlier as planned. Wanted to get the Steam Version anyway next to my ps4 version but I wanted to wait till there is a sale...

I'm to in Europe and I'm a massive shenmue fan from day 1. If the game does come later than the release date. Then we just need to understand that and at least after nearly 20 years we have shenmue 3 coming and hopefully 4 on the way with support.
Can't wait ? and thanks to all the fans.

Back