High Ground Battle System

My personal hope is that we as a community can at the bare minimum have all Ys Net's planned battle systems within the game on launch.
To our knowledge we as a community have only raised $7,000,000 for Shenmue III (unless someone knows of somewhere that we can see the exact amount with every $1 raised as it's raised) leaving us with an additional $500,000 yet to be backed before the Campaign in closed in a couple weeks. As for me, I will be backing a portion of it that I've been saving up upon completing my upcoming plasma donation today assuming that nothing goes wrong.
As you all know, upon reaching $7,000,000 we received a new screenshot showing off where the graphics and HUD are in developement at this time and were given an explanation on to what the AI Battling, the Area Stretch Goal for that tier, system is and how it works along with it. Do you believe we can achieve this goal in time and do you think we will get another screenshot upon reaching the next stated Area Stretch Goal?

With the time we still have between now and the release of Shenmue I & II HD, surely I can't be the only one here who's ever still hungry for more news on the franchise. What are your thoughts on these topics?

I think there's definitely a desire there for more. Lots of people have upped their pledges too already.

Personally I'd love the full system but we have to be sure that if people upgrade they do so within their means. Also the future of the series won't depend on the battle system (though it has a part to play) sales do.

I'd rather it sold well and allowed Shenmue 4 to be made rather than us plunging all our money to this and then not seeing 4. I can see the point that people might make that a better system will help but it's not a deal breaker.

YSNET will go beyond what we imagine I'm sure and it's down to us to get the message out and buy the game!

Back