How I always wished the first Lan Di encounter ended...

The encounter is preceded by emotional dialogue from Ryo. He tells Lan Di he has stripped his father of his honor and vows to destroy him. Lan Di, is intrigued by Ryo, and humors the thought of a fight... the fight itself goes along the same lines, however, Lan Di raises Ryo to, what appears to be, deliver a death blow.... then spares him. He lowers Ryo to the ground and spares his life. He sees himself in Ryo and does not kill him. Lan Di would instruct Ryo to seek out <insert name of Master> and train more, and that they will cross paths one day when he is ready...

The encounter is preceded by emotional dialogue from Ryo. He tells Lan Di he has stripped his father of his honor and vows to destroy him. Lan Di, is intrigued by Ryo, and humors the thought of a fight... the fight itself goes along the same lines, however, Lan Di raises Ryo to, what appears to be, deliver a death blow.... then spares him. He lowers Ryo to the ground and spares his life. He sees himself in Ryo and does not kill him. Lan Di would instruct Ryo to seek out <insert name of Master> and train more, and that they will cross paths one day when he is ready...
The actual ending was perfect for me.
It revealed Ryo needs more practising on his Kung Fu as Lan Di is literally Bruce Lee on roids.

I love your enthusiam however!

I had the same idea but with Lan Di promising Ryo a rematch if he could eliminate the other three Chi You Men leaders first, so that he could gain complete control of the organization.

I thought it may end up go something along those lines too, but I am so glad it didn't. Lan Di came across as so damn ruthless at the end of III, to the point where it even shocked me a little bit. Just a pure, cold killer. Like damn, I know he's been built up as exactly that since the start of Shenmue, but it still gave me chills and made me think "what the fuck did the Chi You Men do to this man?!"

Back