How long was your first playthrough?

I'm so happy that I finally finished the game tonight, so I could rejoin the spoiler forum since it launched.

I felt like I had been putting it off for so long, because I wanted the game to last as long as possible. At the same time, I was eager to finally get my first playthrough done so I could finally rejoin the world. I maxed Ryo out completely, did everything I wanted to do and my first playthrough clocked right under 60 hours. Just curious if anyone else knew their first playthrough time. This is based on the Epic launcher (I don't know how accurate it is) but I was under the impression I would probably only play it for about 40 hours.

I'm actually surprised it took me as long as it did.

My first playthrough was 30 hours, 21 minutes on PC. Replaying now on PS4!

Probably around 35 hours.

21 hours (9 hours in Bailu, 11 hours in Niaowu, 1 hour in the castle). I thought after Bailu that the second chapter will be longer, but I anticipated that I must get some money and defeat some oppontents, so I shortened the time it takes to complete the last part of the game.

I think Mine was around 45 hours

Between 70 and 80 hours. Epic Store stopped counting the hours after 70 hours to indicate the playtime by days (actually 3 Days of play).

Can't wait they release all the DLCs, fixes and mods so I can start my second run at hardest mode.

~72 hours on PC (not sure why EGS decided to switch to days as hours is better lol). Mainly took this long as I never used fast travel, pretty much didn't run for the first 10 hours, and unlocked and trained ~90 move scrolls. I also managed to find and complete all the requests in the game (although I failed the Fishing Tournament and the fetch quest for the lady on the docks in Niaowu) which required me to run up to every NPC in the game, every single time the story advanced. Will be much easier now we know the quests and when they trigger, so am very much looking forward to second play through.

As I took this long, and did so much, it would have been pretty quick to wrap up the platinum, but sadly, EGS doesn't have achievements yet so I'll have to wait (will use the awesome PC mods when that happens too). Just upgraded my PS4 to a Pro, so will be starting again in Japanese on that & will be going for the plat there. Going to take a shit long time, so just going to passively do it over Xmas and beyond.

Cannot wait for the DLC.

Back