How old are you?

Many thanks; had it when I was 21, but caught it early, stayed positive, operated early and now all is good! :)

I turn 30 in 9 days, so we'll see if anything changes until then lol.

I've already had;

• Spinal issues
  • Knee issues
  • Cancer
Yet, I'm VERY healthy (overweight, but that's due to my job, as my bloodwork, kidney function, EVERYTHING, is inline with a healthily-weighted individual), so I guess its a good tradeoff lol.

That sucks to hear. Especially the Cancer. Spinal issues I can emphasize with.

I found once you turn 30, it's all downhill...although in your case it might be uphill considering what you've gone through before 30.

Last year I had a herniated L5 disc in my back that resulted in temporary Cauda Equina. Due to my job; I sit every day at a desk. Doing that for 10 plus years did not have great results on my back. Not to mention weight gain over those years. I ended up in hospital last year for back surgery. My leg and saddle area went completely numb thanks to a disc pushing on the nerves. Been slowly recovering ever since. I do feel better now, but it is sometimes hard to walk...especially up hill. Up hill is the worst of it. It's a shame. I used to love going on massive hikes, but these days its really hard to get up hill sometimes. Ever since, i've been terrified I'm gonna herniate another disc or do more damage somewhere else. That and my right leg is still kind of numb in patches and just gets really tough to walk up hill.

I'm also having massive acid reflux issues lately...I felt like I was having a heart attack last year...turned out to be acid reflux and anxiety.

But yeah, I've found now being in my thirties it's been all downhill. When I turned 30 I went through a bit of a funk...a bit of a "what am I doing with my life?" moment. Then I got over that and thought I was getting a clear mind again until last year when the above happened. Then I got depressed again post surgery. Can't explain it, I just got a bit depressed post surgery...it was really hard to move around at times and it felt like I couldn't do things that I used to do.

Now I'm over that and constantly trying to get better.

But yeah speaking from personal experience....I found it was all downhill once I entered my 30's health wise. But I am trying to rectify it constantly.

Keep it up, man (no pun intended there!). Always take some time for yourself to do what you love (gaming, nature, trips, etc). and that depression will be curbed, trust me! :D I'm sure the Japan trip helped perk you up a bit ;)

Me, I just have kyphosis (hereditary, sadly), but my lower back (the spine area) is always in a state of perpetual pain; I have a super, SUPER high pain tolerance, so I've learned to deal with it, but its just always there.

I too sit at a desk all day and that's why I've gone through some weight gain, over the past few years (and my schedule sadly, doesn't allow me to spend a lot of time at a gym and I need to cut costs too). I am walking to work and back (combined 10+ km each day), which is helping (already down 5 pounds in 2 weeks), as I've always eaten very healthy.

My worry is that, like you said, I will start to not be able to do things I used to do; I've had this back pain (and a torn muscle in my back that didn't heal properly, when I was 18), since I was a teenager and eventually, it HAS to start affecting my abilities, right?

Just hoping that also, like you said, I progress and get better into my thirties, as that's possible too, right? lol

Back