How to make fast money in Shenmue II?

XBL
I Sir Guts I
Hello there, long time Shenmue fan here. I forgot how to make fast money in Shenmue II. Long time ago I remember it was something that has to do with betting

I am sure I haven't reached that far to the gambling I mean (big or tall IIRC) So fam, I need to have $500. Help please :)

Well, with the HD versions and faster loading it should be easier, if you want to cheese it.

Next to the Come Over Guest House there's an alleyway with Roll it on Top with a wager of up to $500.

Gamble max and save scum. You'll be rolling in it in no time.

I always rolled bank with saving and reloading doing the dice games in Kowloon but thats much later in the game, I cant remember if you can do the dice games. Just reload when you lose money, and save after ever time you win money and bet max, you can apply that to any of the gambling games really, but find the one you are best at and go with that one.

Best way is to buy a lot of lighters at the beginning, you can sell them for 35HK in flowersomething pawnshop.
Then there's a gambling place in the pier with big or small and also has the zeng zong option, so you get x4 the pay (so you can lose 2 times and still get money and don't need to reload as often), also there's quite a bit of chance you get it.

There is a "Big or Small" dice place that has $500 max bets at Fortune's Pier. This is pretty early in the game too as you can do this right after working your first job. It is located in Warehouse 10. Make sure you save before betting and saving again after you bet so if your bet is bad, you can just reload the save. You should be able to make a good amount of money within 15-20 minutes depending on your luck.

Best way is to buy a lot of lighters at the beginning, you can sell them for 35HK in flowersomething pawnshop.
Then there's a gambling place in the pier with big or small and also has the zeng zong option, so you get x4 the pay (so you can lose 2 times and still get money and don't need to reload as often), also there's quite a bit of chance you get it.
There is a "Big or Small" dice place that has $500 max bets at Fortune's Pier. This is pretty early in the game too as you can do this right after working your first job. It is located in Warehouse 10. Make sure you save before betting and saving again after you bet so if your bet is bad, you can just reload the save. You should be able to make a good amount of money within 15-20 minutes depending on your luck.
I went there I just don’t know on which side of the table to bet.

I believe there is a high stakes gambling area you can go to (can't remember where) just save before you gamble. Win, save, repeat. When you lose just reload. I remember doing this on one of my saves many years ago and I had like over 100k which is ridiculous and no one needs that much money in the game. I don't remember money being too important in the game. Also in the beginning of the game, spend all your money on collectibles before it gets stolen, then once you get your bag back, sell them to recoup some of the lost money. Helps a lot, better than $0.

This

This time I actually chose a chow bet ( a straight 1,2 and 3 or any other numbers as long as they follow each other up) on the first try and got 4500 with an 500 bet. Keep a look out for those green "g" signs outside of buildings that's where all the gambling places are

Go
I believe there is a high stakes gambling area you can go to (can't remember where) just save before you gamble. Win, save, repeat. When you lose just reload. I remember doing this on one of my saves many years ago and I had like over 100k which is ridiculous and no one needs that much money in the game. I don't remember money being too important in the game. Also in the beginning of the game, spend all your money on collectibles before it gets stolen, then once you get your bag back, sell them to recoup some of the lost money. Helps a lot, better than $0.
You mean the one in Kowloon. I haven’t reached there yet. I’ll try my luck in the Fortunes Pier. I also did that, bought lighters and stuff

Back