How will you be playing Shenmue 3?

moon child

Which way is it to Wan Chai?
Favourite title
Shenmue II
PSN
sapphosix
I'm curious about what everyone's game plans are for S3.

Are you going to take your time and look at everything? Play through the story first? Anyone request time off of work to play?

I'm probably going to play through first and then start a new file to look at the details later. Tell me your plans!

My month in Japan ate most of my holiday time so I can't really take a week off for it. :(

I do, however, plan to take a sick day on Launch Day. I figure I will be up and playing from Midnight...hence why I bought the Digital PSN edition as well...so it's just there and pre-loaded and ready to go day 1.

So I'll no doubt be playing all launch day.

As for the specifics of my playthrough? I almost don't want to rush it. I just want to take my time with it. I'm gonna collect as much as I can and see and do as much as I can find and let the story unfold gradually.

I'm going to go through it at a snails pace. Oh I'll be constantly up all night playing Shenmue 3, but I'm going to just soak in every minor thing :) , and ofcourse I need to try to get every scroll, clothing, and collectible I find/perceive of.

I preodered a digital copy but I don't think I can play it at midnight. So the next day I'm going to wake up early to take a shower and eat breakfast and have some drinks and snacks ready to get lost in Shenmue 3 world. I already asked permission to take off from Nov 19 to the 25th. I might just stay home the following week because of Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

I've told myself to take my time with each of the previous two, but cannot stop myself from doing story runs. Perhaps in my older age, I'll take it slow on the 2nd play. For the first two, it took me years to finally take my time soaking in all the details.

Going to get a digital copy, so unless by some small miracle KS copy arrives before hand I will be playing at midnight. I have taken launch day off and will probably work from home so I can spend quality time with title.

I intend on playing slow and really training my moves but at same time I will let natural course of events take place and play accordingly.

I really want to play it slow and see everything I can the 1st run through, but I'm also scared of seeing story spoilers right away.

November 15th or maybe 16th will be the last day I'm going to work before S3's official release. I'm hoping for one of my Kickstarter /Slavker Backer copies or one of my preorders to arrive a few days early. As for the week of release itself, I've taken it off.

If no copy of the game should arrive before November 19th, I won't download it, however. I just can't get myself to do that. It's Shenmue 3. I need to hold that game in my hands. I'll go out first thing in the morning and get my copy at retail. Parcels usually get delivered in the afternoon in my area, so there's no chance Im gonna wait for the mail to be delivered on that day.

As for the playthrough itself, I'm gonna take it slowly, but not with a completionist approach. After having finished S3 for the first time, I'm gonna start a second playthrough with a more completionist mindset some weeks later.

I'm going to have to go dark. I've got until the 21st November to play it before the wedding ive got the time off at least but then wont play for over a week.

Will take my time, I want to train, play the mini games and take it all in.

Work booked off! Multiple copies inbound!! nothing will get in the ay of my playthrough for Shenmue 3!!!

As for playing the game, I'm certainly going to be exploring! I can see myself having a few days where I don't progress the main story and just look around and see what the areas have to offer, or dedicate days to training alone. I won't be going out of my way to prolong the experience like I am on my current Shenmue playthrough where I am purposefully asking all the wrong people the story progression questions - & getting some great results. But the last thing I inetnd on doing is rushing through the story, we've waited near 20 years for this, I'm certainly going to treasure it!

I play very slowly. I unsubscribed some Let's-Players on Youtube to not to be spoiled when i go to Youtube (thumbnails) months before.

I will not take the day off or do a WFH because it will be to evident, but I am planning to arrive early, go for lunch a grab my Game Stell Case Copy, leave early and play unti 2:00 am only stopping to order a Hawain Pizza for dinner. I think I will play it slowly but focussing a lot in martial arts, the new training is super appealing for me. Also, I hope not to find any issues to be able to disconnect from work.

I have vacation until november 21. Then i will go to work offshore until 23 desember. Recon i will have to take it with me onboard and simply play after my shift or something.

Like i said earlier, i hope for a function to disable the map so i can draw my own maps.

I will allso try and write the notebook myself to a certain extent!

Most of us are in the 30's here i recon so we will proberly be able to enjoy shenmue on a whole other level now. I could barely speak english when Shenmue 1 came out :D

Unfortunately for me I won’t be able to play on launch day, however I plan to take my time and not rush through the story (I have a tendency to do that with other games), I’m gonna savor every moment and indulge in side quests ?

What I'd like to do: Stay in a nice cosy forest lodge from Monday to Friday all on my own. No distractions. Complete escapism. I'd stock up on food and drink (mainly full fat coke) and cigs.

Come monday late evening I'd be ready to play Shenmue 3. Ideally I would have already had sufficient rest throughout the afternoon/evening to play all through the night, occasionally putting the controller down to have a smoke on the patio whilst taking in the last couple of hours play time (I LOVE doing this).

I'd sleep whenever I became tired, but whatever, I'd have another 3 full days all to myself, all by myself to take my time with this amazing journey. For this week only, Shenmue 3 is the only routine. Food, drink, sleep and smokes all happen when they happen.

What I will be doing:
Booked 19th and 20th off work. My awesome girlfriend has said she would stay at her mums that monday night as then I won't have to feel guilty about possibly waking her up mid morning. Poor girl has the early commute to London. Shes such a star.

Come 11.59pm on 18th I will be ready, hopefully rested somewhat beforehand. Next 2 days will be spent immersed in Shenmue.

I can't wait guys. Not long!

I'm in my final semester of college right now so the time it releases is right around the time of pure unending misery of crunch time for me, so ill be playing it in small relaxing doses if at all.

I play very slowly. I unsubscribed some Let's-Players on Youtube to not to be spoiled when i go to Youtube (thumbnails) months before.
I’m going to be avoiding let’s plays as well, I wonder how many people will take a break from the forums as well ?

I’m going to be avoiding let’s plays as well, I wonder how many people will take a break from the forums as well ?

Well I think this forum/site specifically is likely to be safe, just when the game comes out, when they aren't playing, they'll be avoiding the spoiler forum like the plague(that's if spoilers are even allowed in the first month after it releases).

Back