I can't get the Ryo plays cupid quest to trigger or stolen sutra

I just got to the point where there is no turning back going to Castle Road so I decided to check online to make sure I didn't miss any side quests and it turns out that Zou Leyong from Beats of Rage it's supposed to give me a quest but no matter how many times I've talked to him oh, he never mentions anything.

Is this another Quest that is time related and I missed somehow? How in the world am I supposed to know when or when I am not supposed to talk to a certain person? That's a very frustrating thing about this game. I've already missed two quests through no fault of my own.

Oh and Shiling at Liu Jiao shrine is also supposed to give me a quest about stolen goods but she hasn't mentioned it. Are these 2 more quests I missed?

Last edited:
Most (all?) of the sidequests in the game are only available during certain "phases" of your investigation, it seems.

If you've opened up the option to leave Niaowu you're probably too late. The same thing happened to me in Bailu: I wanted to clear up the sidequests I'd missed but the game kills them all once you can leave, so there's basically no point in staying.

It's pretty frustrating. I don't care that they become available at certain times, but making them unavailable after a certain time, especially at the end of an area, is utterly pointless.

That's just poor game design. I have no problem with timed quests but at least let us know.

Another thing that bugs me is I'm trying to get all of the skill books but the game doesn't tell me which ones I already own when I'm going to buy them at the Kung Fu shops. So I have to look at a list online in order to figure out which ones I need or I'll just have to randomly buy skill books and see if I own them already or not or try to memorize the ones I do own. It's very frustrating.
I was able to finally get all the books I needed and just need one more that needs to be exchanged but it shouldn't be that difficult.

Yeah, technically it was the same in the previous games with the ability to miss optional "quests", but it feels more annoying here because there's actually a dedicated section in the notebook for side quests, and you get rewards for doing them.

Yeah, technically it was the same in the previous games with the ability to miss optional "quests", but it feels more annoying here because there's actually a dedicated section in the notebook for side quests, and you get rewards for doing them.

And a specific prompt/indicator/sound when you walk near a character with a side quest... So they made an effort in highlighting them. So yes understand why it's more annoying that they 'time out' but it is in keeping with the previous games tbf.

Last edited:
And a specific prompt/indicator/sound when you walk near a character with a side quest... So they made an effort in highlighting them. So yes understand why it's more annoying that they 'time out' but it is in keeping with the previous games tbf.

I don't remember the previous games as I haven't played them in such a long time but that's just bad game design. I'm just supposed to walk by every single person randomly multiple times just to see if they may or may not have a quest?

I don't remember the previous games as I haven't played them in such a long time but that's just bad game design. I'm just supposed to walk by every single person randomly multiple times just to see if they may or may not have a quest?

Can’t say I agree that it’s bad game design. If anything it adds to the enjoyment of discovering one when you do. It’s all subjective but I personally prefer that you can only access quests and certain times during the game.

Back