I did it! I pre-ordered Shenmue I & II!

I've played a bit of Disc 1 on Demul to get a taste of the game before the rerelease comes out, but for the most part, yeah, I'm a first timer.

That's awesome dude, would be really interested to see what you think of the games once you've finished them! That's one of the most exciting things for us veteran fans, seeing how the new era of players appreciate them now!

I've played a bit of Disc 1 on Demul to get a taste of the game before the rerelease comes out, but for the most part, yeah, I'm a first timer.

I'm incredibly jealous of you (& other first timers) as it's an experience that can't be repeated. You are in for a hell of a story and a hell of a game. As @James Brown said do let us know what you think of them both

For some reason, when I told the guy I wanted to pre-order the game, I wasn't thinking and said Shenmue I & II for SWITCH, but I corrected myself quickly and said PS4

I have my Xbox copy reserved and already paid for, and I'm going tomorrow to reserve 2 PS4 copies, one for my sister and one for my girl. They both have never played the game, and have never even heard of it before I mentioned it to them. They are both interested in checking the game out, and since the price tag is only $30, I am glad to be able to provide the game to them, like I'm spreading the experience that is Shenmue.

Welcome. Us Shenmue fans are a wild, crazy and fanatic crowd but most of us are pretty gentle, actually. :ROFLMAO:

But first timers... I'm so happy for you, you'll get to experience the magical feeling of playing S1 and S2 for the first time. Playing S1 and especially S2 for the first time, the last section of S2 in particular (not gonna spoil the story for you) was something that completely blew my mind back in the day, like no other game had before or has ever since.

I hope I'll be able to experience that magical feeling again when I'll first play S3.

Also, you won't have to wait for more than half your life for S3 to come out, like Shenmue fans from the Dreamcast/original Xbox days. ;)

I haven't preordered a game in person in years. I kind of miss it. I remember taking my coveted FFVII preorder slip from Babbages home like two years before the game came out and checking in almost every week. This was before you could get release dates and any morsel of information about a game in seconds on websites (though the websites did exist in some fashion).

Ah, nostalgia... part of the reason we love Shenmue so much. You'll love it.

Shenmue I + II reward commitment. Give those first couple hours a shot and you'll find yourself enjoying one of the finest virtual experiences of all time.

I've not played either game in quite a few years, so I actually expect to go into this almost as a first timer--except a first timer with a hazy sense of DEJA VU.

Back