I found out that in Shenmue 1 Ryo's model where he fights doesn't have a band-aid on his face

the_phoenix_mirror

10 years early.
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Daytona USA Iraq version
Sorry for the awful picture quality couldn't get a decent quality image from my tv. Also my dreamcast sounds like it's about to explode playing this game lol!
20210911_081258.jpg

20210911_081342.jpg

EDIT: Was able to get a slightly better picture and damn his face really has low polygons does he have the same battle model in II?
20210911_082051.jpg

Last edited:
70 man batle, yes it is defintely low-poly model

Any others, though?

70 man batle, yes it is defintely low-poly model

Any others, though?
Unfortunately disc 1 is to banged up to play so I can't start a new game. I think I only have a save from disc 1 and end of disc 3 and after the 70 battle my game froze, which I find funny that disc 1 and 3 don't work cuz' I barely ever touched them.

So I decided to check the other battles in the game on the remastered version (can't play dreamcast version as stated above.) And I first checked the 70 man battle and it came to a close immediately as Ryo had a higher poly model with his band-aid present! Of course, since it was present in the fight I decided not to check the other FREE battles on the remastered version. I will get another copy of 1 down the road most likely, but if anyone is interested I could check out the DC version of Shenmue II if you want.

I've been aware of low poly model for quite some time now but failed to notice that there's something missing on the face.

Pretty sure though that the 70 man battle is the only fight that requires the low detail model. It even ditches the sky completely for better perfomance. You can still make the Dreamcast struggle a lot when you have all three bosses active at the same time though.

Back