I just noticed Gamefaqs lists SEGA as a publisher for Shenmue III in Japan besides Koch Media & Deep Silver

Distribution Barcode #

11/19/19

Which is different # from Deep Silver's physical JP release 4580695760015 . (Koch Media did the PSN JP versions)
Well thats interesting...

also "Oasis Games" published it in Korea.

Sega's logo is on the back of the box. So that doesn't sound too surprising tbh.

Not really though because you could argue its only there due to the inclusion of the Sega licensed stuff like the VF and Space Harrier posters and mock Sega Saturn.

Not really though because you could argue its only there due to the inclusion of the Sega licensed stuff like the VF and Space Harrier posters and mock Sega Saturn.

Maybe so, but I do appreciate the fact that despite all the circumstances Shenmue III looks and feels like a SEGA game. Unapologetically SEGA.

I think Sega helped Deep Silver there along with their usual relationship with Square Enix distribution. Wouldn't go so far as call them the Japanese publisher, though.

I think Sega helped Deep Silver there along with their usual relationship with Square Enix distribution. Wouldn't go so far as call them the Japanese publisher, though.
Yep, if I recall correctly they are just distributing products over there, it is the fist Deep Silver product released in Japan under the DS brand and they have commercial relationships with Sega so that's why they distribute the game over there, just like DS distribute Sega titles here

It's a weird deal. SEGA's logo is nowhere to be found on Rez Infinite's box, by the way.

Back