I love seeing videos of new shenmue fans :)

Retro Raider here my friend. Thanks for sharing my video ;) I jumped to the Shenmue wagon kinda late, thanks to the HD remasters but, I guess its better late than ever. Can't wait for Shenmue 3. Cheers

Welcome, nothing wrong with that. I wish I could forget what I know about Shenmue and start fresh and be surprised again, enjoy :)

Welcome, nothing wrong with that. I wish I could forget what I know about Shenmue and start fresh and be surprised again, enjoy :)

Don't we all, especially those who didn't pre-order the DC(so got the DC Magazine sub), we didn't know anything passed what little the commercial showed.

Then after going through all that, your mind gets blown when the ending of 1, shows that 1 was just a prelude. Then you have 2, just wow, it improves upon, and expands every aspect of 1, and then some. Then somehow manages to have a even more epic ending.

I'm not joking or being hyperbolic, but these games like trigger a impulse to give them standing ovations(more so 2, but that's only because you'll be frozen in shock 1 is just a prelude, what game does that lol)..

Yeah, I am gonna echoe that the forklift racing lost its charm when your forced to do it again and again. Should of been a mandatory first one then optional the next few times.

Yeah, I am gonna echoe that the forklift racing lost its charm when your forced to do it again and again. Should of been a mandatory first one then optional the next few times.

Who would've chose not to do it the other times though, as you get a different capsule toy in every place you finish in, so I don't see the point in that. Besides, the Forklift racing gives you something other then story to do, during a part of the game, that's basically on auto pilot(which also cuts you off from most of the side activities mind you).

I'm not joking or being hyperbolic, but these games like trigger a impulse to give them standing ovations(more so 2, but that's only because you'll be frozen in shock 1 is just a prelude, what game does that lol)..

I can really relate to that. I clearly remember the first time I finished Shenmue II, the credits appearing, the Shenmue theme sounding in its full powered orchestral version, and screenshots of the full journey (with the Wan Chai ones feeling like such a distant memory already...) I was still shocked about the ending and the whole disc 4, and my feeling was exactly that: stand up and start clapping.

Then Niao Sun appeared in the last shot, and I realized there was so much more still to discover, but the Dreamcast was already discontinued and the future looked uncertain, and the feeling changed to something like sadness. But there was still an epilogue to that: the Shenmue Saturn video was unlocked and made my jaw drop again, and by complete surprise..

All that happened in about 15 minutes, but I think it gave me the motivation to remain interested in the franchise for 18 years afterwards.

I’d rather do the mandatory forklift job than a mandatory tutorial. I hate how games these days force you to do them as opposed to figuring out the game yourself.

Back