I need help with Shenmue. Spoilers inside.

So I am at the part where I found the Phoenix Mirror. I got it checked out by both antique shops and now when I go to call Master Chen Ryo, instead of telling him he wants to set up a meeting, will say "I uh" and they won't let me into Warehouse 8. I'll post a pic of my inventory and latest journal entries, maybe I'm missing something?

Attachments

• 20180903_094443.jpg
    20180903_094443.jpg
    700.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20180903_094500.jpg
    20180903_094500.jpg
    719.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20180903_094510.jpg
    20180903_094510.jpg
    712.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20180903_094523.jpg
    20180903_094523.jpg
    670 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180903_094538.jpg
    20180903_094538.jpg
    910.1 KB · Views: 9
Ah, well I just tried to phone up the Warehouse, then I went there, and they still didn't let me in :/
Are you sure you're going to the old Warehouse No. 8 and not the new one?

Weird. You just phone them, say the password, and the meeting is set. Then you go to the old warehouse district (past Tom's Hotdogs), and the guard gives you a hard time, then he says he's been expecting you.

I'm pretty sure, it's the one that's in the back left corner right?
Hmm, are you stopped right at the entrance to Warehouse 8 or at a gate before the district?

You're in the right place then. Very strange, he should let you through if you speak to him after phoning up and reciting the password.

Are you visiting on the same day as phoning?
Another thing I've noticed is, no matter who I talk to, they're always too busy to talk. Like not a single person in the game has anything to say to me at all.

the one where he tells you about the mirror and what not? I did that earlier. I even took it to the other antique shop for the trophy.
Ah nice. Yeah you're definitely at the right place in in story. Strange that you're not being let through.

There's a patch going out this week which may help you out (if you're on console) but in the meantime I'd just keep trying.

Even without any of the cutscenes from Oishi-san, Xia-san, and Yamagashi-san, you can take the Mirror to Master Chen. I've never heard of this bug (if that's what it is) before.

Could you try going to sleep and attempting the process of going to see Master Chen the next day? Worth a shot.

Even without any of the cutscenes from Oishi-san, Xia-san, and Yamagashi-san, you can take the Mirror to Master Chen. I've never heard of this bug (if that's what it is) before.

Could you try going to sleep and attempting the process of going to see Master Chen the next day? Worth a shot.
I tried it, it still won't let me progress the story. I feel like I'm now in a world where there is nothing to do. This is most disappointing because this is my first ever playthrough of Shenmue. I bet if I restarted, it would probably be okay, but man I feel like that's a lot to go through to get back to where I'm at.

Back