Idea: Throwback US Dreamcast cover/case for Shenmue I & II

I saw an Instagram post that showed a custom European Dreamcast case for Shenmue I & II. I am really impressed by this and I was thinking about a US variant. I have absolutely no skills in Photoshop (I don't even have Photoshop) so I know I can't make it. Not yet, anyways. But what about you guys? I'm sure you guys have skills that I don't have, and can make this small thing possible. If some of you decide to take on this little task, good luck!

Ya know, a repro Dreamcast case sounds corny and cheesy and just overall stupid in every way... and yet I'm incredibly intrigued and want one so bad!

Ya think anyone would want an OG Xbox-style case, since Shenmue II was on it too?
I personally hated that cover and thought it looked awful, and I always just assumed everyone felt the same way. But I was wrong, tons of people LOVE that cover for some reason. Only part I like is Jainmin and Ryo in the corner, that shit looked cool, everything else was ass lol

I personally hated that cover and thought it looked awful, and I always just assumed everyone felt the same way. But I was wrong, tons of people LOVE that cover for some reason. Only part I like is Jainmin and Ryo in the corner, that shit looked cool, everything else was ass lol

I like the xbox cover as well. For me it's the 80s martial arts movie poster feel I get from it. Granted, I don't know if that is what they were going for and I admit the art could be better. But the idea to me is sound and it does a good enough job. Now, would I want to impose that on everybody... that's another question. :unsure:

I loved it for it's drew struzan-esque collage, I'd love to see this as the cover for the re-releases :D (although I imagine the reversible cover might be the same as the one for the double-sided poster) I might just make one myself ?

Only part I like is Jainmin and Ryo in the corner, that shit looked cool, everything else was ass lol
I like that part too.

7Pq3Cqy.png

For me it's the 80s martial arts movie poster feel I get from it.
Pretty sure that's exactly what they were going for.

76PBN4E.jpg

Se2z5nl.jpg

For me it always conjured up these two images.

Yeah, that fits the part. Still really great movies, imo (the 3rd one too :D ). The new series is pretty cool also. (y)

Back