Is Shenmue really a commercial failure?

I really didn't know about all of that. Mate, SHOGO... It was first sold here as usual retail and after failing it came for free with magazines or game bundles. But it was another decent shooter. Maybe with some indie price and indie publishing store back then, its performance could had been better.
Lots of nostalgia is growing in this thread.

Monolith scored three failures in a row, Blood 2: The Chosen and SHOGO: Mobile Armor Division sold really, really poorly. Then Sanity: Aiken's Artifact also failed and No One Lives Forever was their last hope to stay in the market, their swan song.

Year 2000 was a rough time, Thief II developer went closure like weeks after the game was released.

Shenmue was not alone lol

BTW 3 days ago Digital Foundry revisited the game and the PS2 port

BTW 3 days ago Digital Foundry revisited the game and the PS2 port
Lithtech engine and its lightning ♥️that engine was very competent though its different versions. It had a momentum with more searchs than Source and such, because it included PS2 among its target plataforms iirc.
I cant get how when an actual game looks like this it awakes "uh it looks like a 128bit game" like if it was a bad thing.
Lets take a look at that body structure, the bulky fists, the límited frame animation... unique world, parody of life and not imitating or simulating life. Thats how videogame has always been and should remain like that. Reason for why I dont want Sega bought by MS, because then only Nintendo will be the last stop. Japan shall hold the line, as they can't allow losing the north star position in videogames. Next will be manga/anime and then Japan would rule nothing.

Lithtech engine and its lightning ♥️that engine was very competent though its different versions. It had a momentum with more searchs than Source and such, because it included PS2 among its target plataforms iirc.
I cant get how when an actual game looks like this it awakes "uh it looks like a 128bit game" like if it was a bad thing.
Lets take a look at that body structure, the bulky fists, the límited frame animation... unique world, parody of life and not imitating or simulating life. Thats how videogame has always been and should remain like that. Reason for why I dont want Sega bought by MS, because then only Nintendo will be the last stop. Japan shall hold the line, as they can't allow losing the north star position in videogames. Next will be manga/anime and then Japan would rule nothing.

I play a lot with the LithTech engine, the Jupiter version that powered NOLF2, making maps and stuff

Im planning a multiplayer map based in Aberdeen and Dobuita sections of Shenmue games
I really like the Worker's Pier

Right now Im getting deeper in 2D textures and artwork with adobe software, but once I get in the 3D course (which I already know since Ive been modding for years now) I want to bring Shenmue characters to NOLF2 multiplayer lol

My dream is to have them all pointing guns at each other

NOLF + SHENMUE

The NOLF community is very passionate about the games, they kept them alive all these years without official support and run servers and websites and even programmed to keep them updated to run on modern systems , after all they are Windows 2000/XP games, and thanks to the efforts of these people, the games works flawlessly on Windows 11 with the NOLF modernizer patch

I play a lot with the LithTech engine, the Jupiter version that powered NOLF2, making maps and stuff

Im planning a multiplayer map based in Aberdeen and Dobuita sections of Shenmue games
I really like the Worker's Pier

Right now Im getting deeper in 2D textures and artwork with adobe software, but once I get in the 3D course (which I already know since Ive been modding for years now) I want to bring Shenmue characters to NOLF2 multiplayer lol

My dream is to have them all pointing guns at each other

NOLF + SHENMUE

The NOLF community is very passionate about the games, they kept them alive all these years without official support and run servers and websites and even programmed to keep them updated to run on modern systems , after all they are Windows 2000/XP games, and thanks to the efforts of these people, the games works flawlessly on Windows 11 with the NOLF modernizer patch
That sounds fun and theres no better way for good modding that getting fun at it. I hope you share some of that here then and not only with "your other friends" 😒 NOLF Community. 😉

Back