Is There A Way To Do The Leaf Catching Minigame w/o going through the story?

After I completed the game, I unlocked a few minigames like QTE Title and a few others. But I was wondering is there a way to play the Leaf Catching game with Xiuying without having to go through the main story? If so, how do I unlock it? Thanks.

game.. GAME !! you think that catching leaves was a Game ????

just get to that point in the story and save before the Karate Kid rip off Training ..that you never use in combat or for any other purpose

just get to that point in the story and save before the Karate Kid rip off Training ..that you never use in combat or for any other purpose

Back on the DC I used to do this over and over and over again because I'm a masochist lol. Trying to see if I can break my personal record.

Damn, I thought it might be one of the mini-games in the Shenmue Collection after you beat the game. Thought it was on Xbox but I might be wrong.

It's not a minigame, but while you're doing Chawan signs in Wan Chai, you can go to the tree and catch leaves whenever you want.

It absolutely is Karate Kid training, in that it's not readily apparent that what you're doing applies to combat, but it definitely does. You're practicing your timing, which is actually really important in combat, especially if you parry.

It's not a minigame, but while you're doing Chawan signs in Wan Chai, you can go to the tree and catch leaves whenever you want.

Also, I'm pretty sure the game itself refers to the catching leaves as a mini-game, in the pause screen. So :p

The pause screen also points out that you can catch leaves with the R trigger/R2, which is also super helpful. ;)

FYI, if you miss the duck feather, you can redo it as many times as it takes to catch it. You just have to catch 2 more sets of 2 or more leaves. I messed it up so bad that I actually got kicked out when they closed the gates, so it let me come back the next day and do it. :D

It absolutely is Karate Kid training, in that it's not readily apparent that what you're doing applies to combat, but it definitely does. You're practicing your timing, which is actually really important in combat, especially if you parry.

...also does actually increase the move's ability, just isn't quite so obvious with the blue idicator like in the first Dreamcast game. Very common and frustrating misconception about Shenmue 2 training.

...also does actually increase the move's ability, just isn't quite so obvious with the blue idicator like in the first Dreamcast game. Very common and frustrating misconception about Shenmue 2 training.

The leaf catching move? Is that like a "got your nose" throw? I will have to find that in the moves list and use it every chance I get.

Seriously though, I have no idea what you're trying to say in your post.

Thought you were referring to Jianmin sparring. Wasn't that the Karate Kid reference by the other post?

But if you are referring to before you learn the Wude, then no.

You can do the leaf catching again after beating Izumi and playing the Duck Race at least once.

But if you are referring to before you learn the Wude, then no.

You can do the leaf catching again after beating Izumi and playing the Duck Race at least once.

You don't need to play the Duck Race to catch a duck, and you don't even need to meet Izumi to catch leaves again.

Back