Is there a way to play Post-Game/New Game Plus?

I have read that there's some sort of new game plus but can anyone confirm? Is there a way to continue playing after the game has ended but not from the beginning again?

From what I’ve read, you can choose to start at either the beginning or from the second area. I would have liked a free roam mode but am guessing you probably leave for a new area at the end of the game and so free roam wouldn’t make sense. This will make plying DLC a bit of a chore I suspect.

This is done via a savegame which is created after the credits. If you keep it, you are always able to jump directly to Bailu or Niaowu with the money, items and stats you had at the end of the game.

I would have liked a free roam mode but am guessing you probably leave for a new area at the end of the game and so free roam wouldn’t make sense. This will make plying DLC a bit of a chore I suspect.
This is my concern as well in case the DLCs need to be triggered somewhere in the game and are not available via the menu.

This is done via a savegame which is created after the credits. If you keep it, you are always able to jump directly to Bailu or Niaowu with the money, items and stats you had at the end of the game.

This is my concern as well in case the DLCs need to be triggered somewhere in the game and are not available via the menu.

The story does restart when you load a completed save file, right? Or is the story permanent finished and you just bounce between towns doing side quests and mini-games?

Also, is there anything that doesn’t carry over to this postgame/new game plus save file? If the story does indeed restart, I’m assuming key items do not carry over.

Last edited:
Back