Is there enough enthusiasm for a Shenmue 4?

I think we better have to be very cautious about the deals and the money generated from Shenmue III that is or will go into Ys Net's pockets to fund a fourth game. I prefer to consider that unless Shenmue IV gets confirmed, we are at the same point as we were before E3 2015.
With a significant difference though: There's a team and technology in place to build a better game and continue the franchise. That's our biggest strength, as fans of the series and that's why I hope the community will stay strong and vocal.

I think we better have to be very cautious about the deals and the money generated from Shenmue III that is or will go into Ys Net's pockets to fund a fourth game. I prefer to consider that unless Shenmue IV gets confirmed, we are at the same point as we were before E3 2015.
With a significant difference though: There's a team and technology in place to build a better game and continue the franchise. That's our biggest strength, as fans of the series and that's why I hope the community will stay strong and vocal.
True, although if you believe there isn’t a budget already in place for Shenmue 4, then you should also be working on the assumption that the team has already been disbanded.

The majority of people that worked on Shenmue 3 were contract workers and so it’s highly unlikely that YSNet would (or could afford to) keep them on if there was no work to be done. The contractors likely can’t afford to sit around waiting for a budget to be secured and so would need to take work elsewhere and consequently might not be available if and when Shenmue 4 begins development. I suppose it works in Ysnet’s favor that many of the team are pretty inexperienced and so there would probably not to be a high demand for their services, but all the same, taking a break between development would make it incredibly difficult for YSNet to keep the team together.

Back