Japanese Idol Group Plays Shenmue

Switch

Shenmue analysis at www.phantomriverstone.com
TV Tokyo recently featured Shenmue as part of their series that introduces classic games to the younger generation. The third episode featured members of a Japanese Idol group ("=LOVE") try their hand at Shenmue for the first time. They take on forklifting, QTEs and battles!

Since the show itself was in Japanese, I put together an English transcription:

https://www.phantomriverstone.com/2023/09/japanese-idol-group-plays-shenmue-on-tv.html

idols-group.jpg

sections.png

Thanks for the translation, and thanks to Esra and the rest too, good to see something new about Shenmue in Japan.

It’s cool to see Esra still passionately speaking about the Shenmue games and giving them their rightful credit.
Thanks for the translation, and thanks to Esra and the rest too, good to see something new about Shenmue in Japan.

Yes, Esra has really been instrumental over the years in boosting Shenmue in the mainstream press within Japan, not to mention arranging fan events.

This is amazing! I hope the ladies enjoyed themselves even though i'm sure Shenmue isn't their cup of tea.

How lovely to see Shenmue repesented in this way (and massive love to Esra for all he does!)

Yes, Esra has really been instrumental over the years in boosting Shenmue in the mainstream press within Japan, not to mention arranging fan events.

Do we know if he still has annual diner with Yu Suzuki? I would love to know if Esra knows anymore with regards to potential status of Shenmue 4.

Do we know if he still has annual diner with Yu Suzuki? I would love to know if Esra knows anymore with regards to potential status of Shenmue 4.

Speaking of which, it's good to see that Esra will be hosting an on-stage talk with Yu Suzuki about Air Twister at the Tokyo Game Show next week. Although it seems unlikely we'd get to hear of any Shenmue related update unless it's directly from YSNet.

Back