Journey and Uncharted Collection free on PS4.

Just went live.

To support Play At Home, PlayStation will try to make those occasionally dull moments more exciting by offering Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey available for free* for a limited time through digital downloads from April 15 at 8pm PDT through May 5, 2020 at 8pm PDT Once you redeem the games, they are yours to keep.

Get em. Journey is awesome. That collection has the first 3 uncharted games, which are also awesome, imo.

I hate to see when so many complain that these free games are stuff they’ve already got...but it seems hard to see as just a coincidence for months on end. :p I get the feeling a lot of the games they tend to choose have already met most of their sales potential.

Even so, I can’t speak as much for Uncharted as I haven’t been interested enough to finish any but Journey is definitely a decent experience, especially for free. For those who enjoy it, they also made Abzu, a similar game but I feel it is more fully realized and just all around prettier. A bit scary for me but perhaps not for those not afraid of ocean depths or sea creatures.

Nice offer but of no use to me. They just recently gave away Uncharted on PSN Plus and I've had Journey ever since the PS3 days. Still nice offer, let's see if they offer anything else while we're in this.

I got Uncharted 4 in a bundle with my PS4, but never played it due to never having played 1-3.

While I now worry Jim Ryan also peeps through my window every night, this is an excellent incentive to try them out.

I got Uncharted 4 in a bundle with my PS4, but never played it due to never having played 1-3.

While I now worry Jim Ryan also peeps through my window every night, this is an excellent incentive to try them out.

Uncharted 2 literally improved on every aspect of the original (which felt clunky at times, a product of being an early generation game). It was such a thoroughly polished experience and took set pieces and action to the next level.

Makes me think of huge leap between Shenmue 1 & 2 in that regard.

That sounds promising/assuring. Similarly, I intend to hop into Yakuza from 0 onward, warts and all: I'm willing to forgive initial clunky missteps if the later installments are considered closer to artistry and fine wine.

(An open and similar question to all: Is there much of an Uncharted opinion here at the Dojo?)

Back