Kickstarter Update #115 | Trial Version Distribution Notice

Spaghetti

Site Staff
Hello Everyone,

This notice concerns distribution for the Backer Trial Version. Enjoy the world of Shenmue III before the full release on November 19th!

36289ab565ab37c12b93c97dd2544a06_original.png

Survey Download and Game Installation Steps

Emails are planned to go out from Fangamer to backers who pledged for the Trial Version reward beginning this weekend. Please check your email and follow the steps below to claim your reward.

Step 1 – Get Your Epic Games Download Code

Access your survey through the link in the mail sent to you by Fangamer. On the Backer Management page, click on “Get Download Codes” to take you to your digital rewards.

*A PDF Play Guide is also available for download through the backer survey.

3ecbcd0a663aea2f0e8dab05827d52c2_original.png

Step 2 – Download & Install through Epic Games Store

After you have claimed your download code, redeem your code at Epic Games Store to download and install the game.

b245582db32aa2538d72198959a3478b_original.png

Trial Version Content

This special version lets you experience one day in Bailu Village near the beginning of the game. The trial version features story line elements, battling, minigames and more.

The game will end when...

1. you progress the story and defeat the key character in battle.
2. in-game time reaches 9:00 PM.

*You may replay the game after completing the objective or in-game time is up.

Differences from Full Version

1. No Save/Load feature.
2. Some specifications differ.
3. No tutorial or story at game start.
Trial Version Notes
1. At least 20GB of free storage is required for download and installation.
2. Language support: Japanese, English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese
3. Data cannot be transferred to the full version.
4. Playing with a controller is highly recommended. Keyboard controls are supported for Shenmue III, however, keyboard functionality is still being upgraded and recent upgrades have not been applied to the trial version.

To Play the Trial Version

Required PC specifications are noted in the General Information section of the updates and can also be found on the FAQ.
The trial version will be for PC to be played on Epic Games. An Epic Games account will be needed to play.
For information on creating an Epic Games account and on Epic Games' privacy policy, please visit the Epic Games Store.

Trial Version Distribution

The Backer Trial Version will be available to backers who have the Trial Version reward included in their pledge and completed their backer surveys by September 20th, 2019.

*Because distribution of the Trial Version is ongoing with the survey open period, all backers who meet the above conditions will receive an email for the Trial Version regardless of their refund request status. We apologize for this inconvenience.

**Backers who requested a refund may claim their trial version code. This will in no way affect refund eligibility.

We are now about 2 months away from release and we hope to count on your support for this final stretch. Please enjoy the trial version until the full game arrives!

---------- General Information ----------

Survey Open Now for PS4 Region Selection and Refund Requests
Please see the September 20th update for details.
Surveys will close on 11:59 PM October 3rd, 2019 (JST).
Changes to rewards will not be available after the above date, so please respond within the survey period. Address changes may be made up until shipping begins.
Survey Support and Survey Resender
Inquires
Kickstarter Campaign Inquiries
For inquiries regarding the Kickstarter Campaign, please email us at info(at)shenmue.link.
*Please replace (at) with @.
Epic Games Store General Sales Inquiries
For inquiries regarding the General Sales such as Epic Games Store exclusive or Pre-Order, please see our FAQ page. For other inquiries please visit Deep Silver customer support.
PC Version System Requirements
*Game is currently in development so system requirements may change without notice. We thank you for your understanding.
Minimum:
OS: Windows 7x64, Windows 8x64, Windows 10x64 (64-bit OS Required)
Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better (DirectX 11 card & VRAM 2GB Required)
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband internet connection
Storage: 100 GB available space
Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Additional Info: Requires Epic Games Store Client to activate.
Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core i7-7700 (3.60 GHz)
Memory: 16GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband internet connection
Storage: 100 GB available space
Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Additional Info: Requires Epic Games Store Client to activate.
Fangamer and Third Party Use of Personal Information
YS NET has a written contract with Fangamer to carry out the backer surveys. Fangamer is a formal representative of YS NET to help process and fulfill all backer's orders through the surveys. Personal information is handed over and treated in accordance with the privacy policies of both companies for the purposes of conducting the surveys and reward delivery only. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
YS NET Privacy Policy
Fangamer Privacy Policy
Official Links
Kickstarter
Shenmue Link
S3 Facebook
S3 Twitter

Source.

More directed to @Peter but when the Dojo does the Stream will it be on the evening of the day of release? I work Saturdays & don't wanna miss it!

But exciting stuff!

The Backer Trial Version will be available to backers who have the Trial Version reward included in their pledge and completed their backer surveys by September 20th, 2019.

If I have Edited my Backer Campaign after, would that affect my position in getting the Demo?

"**Backers who requested a refund may claim their trial version code. This will in no way affect refund eligibility. "

Tell me again how YsNet is a "scam company"????

"**Backers who requested a refund may claim their trial version code. This will in no way affect refund eligibility."

Disgusting.

Honestly, they don't deserve it at all. But this shows good will from YsNet and that makes me happy.

Y'all better stream this when it's available.

So..... September 20th... So people can play it allready?!

It is worded a little ambiguously, but if you read closely it's saying that people who completed the backer surveys before September 20th are eligible. There's a vague release date of "this weekend."

Does anyone know if this will work on Mac? Or do I need Windows?

The final game is only Windows-compatible, so there's no reason that the trial version would be Mac-compatible.

Speaking as a slacker backer. This reads kind of vague. Did you have to nominate the PC version to get the code? I nominated for a Japanese PS4 copy (I changed mine to a Japanese copy since I’m now getting the Limited Run edition for PS4 as well)

does that mean we needed to nominate for PC version or do we still get it if we nominated a PS4 version?

Anyone want to try and message about it? I have no idea if slacker backers can message on the Kickstarter page is all.

No matter what, we’re getting a lot of new Shenmue media this weekend.

Back