Kickstarter Update #116 - Supplementary Information for Trial Version and Surveys

Spaghetti

Site Staff
Hello Everyone,

This notice contains additional information for the Trial Version and surveys.

Trial Version Supplementary Information

Error Message on Certain Windows Versions (Solved)

"Windows N" edition and other European region Windows editions may require installation of Media Foundation Platform DLL (mfplat.dll) files before the game can run.

If you experience this error, please install Microsoft's "Media Feature Pack" to correct the problem.

Media Feature Packs can be downloaded from the official Microsoft Windows support page. (For newer versions please refer to the Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10.)

In order to download the correct Media Feature Pack, you will need to know which Windows version you are running. Find out which Windows version you are running at Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

For general information on the Backer Trial Version, please see Update #115.

Survey Supplementary Information

If Your Email Address Has Changed

Backer surveys were sent based on the email address used to make the Kickstarter or Slacker Backer pledge. If your current email address has changed since your pledge, please contact Fangamer through their Help section to request your Shenmue 3 backer survey be reissued to your new email address. (Please include your original email address in your message.)

For general information on the survey open period, please see Update #114.

Thank you for your continued support.

---------- General Information ----------

Survey Open Now for PS4 Region Selection and Refund Requests

Please see the Update #114 update for details.

Surveys will close on 11:59 PM October 3rd, 2019 (JST).

Changes to rewards will not be available after the above date, so please respond within the survey period. Address changes may be made up until shipping begins.

Survey Support and Survey Resender

Inquires

Kickstarter Campaign Inquiries

For inquiries regarding the Kickstarter Campaign, please email us at info(at)shenmue.link.

*Please replace (at) with @.

Epic Games Store General Sales Inquiries

For inquiries regarding the General Sales such as Epic Games Store exclusive or Pre-Order, please see our FAQ page. For other inquiries please visit Deep Silver customer support.

PC Version System Requirements

*Game is currently in development so system requirements may change without notice. We thank you for your understanding.

Minimum:

OS: Windows 7x64, Windows 8x64, Windows 10x64 (64-bit OS Required)

Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better (DirectX 11 card & VRAM 2GB Required)

DirectX: Version 11

Network: Broadband internet connection

Storage: 100 GB available space

Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Additional Info: Requires Epic Games Store Client to activate.

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core i7-7700 (3.60 GHz)

Memory: 16GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

DirectX: Version 11

Network: Broadband internet connection

Storage: 100 GB available space

Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Additional Info: Requires Epic Games Store Client to activate.

Fangamer and Third Party Use of Personal Information

YS NET has a written contract with Fangamer to carry out the backer surveys. Fangamer is a formal representative of YS NET to help process and fulfill all backer's orders through the surveys. Personal information is handed over and treated in accordance with the privacy policies of both companies for the purposes of conducting the surveys and reward delivery only. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

YS NET Privacy Policy

Fangamer Privacy Policy

Official Links

Kickstarter

Shenmue Link

S3 Facebook

S3 Twitter

Source.

To be fair, it's an important piece of information seeing as Windows N is basically just the version of Windows that doesn't come with Media Player (pretty common in Europe I believe). Yeah maybe it should have been included last update, but I'm glad they're highlighting the issue (and solution) in this way as nobody wants to launch the demo only for it to not work.

So it's probably worth checking if that's the version you have before the demo drops and installing the feature pack if required:

Last edited:
BEST UPDATE EVER

EDIT: Also, I swear this guy has posted the same comment for like 15 updates in a row. Like, give it a rest already

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-09-26 Shenmue 3.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-26 Shenmue 3.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 18
EDIT: Also, I swear this guy has posted the same comment for like 15 updates in a row. Like, give it a rest already
He wants the game on SD card so he put it up his ass. He loves anal digital data.

hahahahahah
Just a quick note, we're trying to discourage posting "haha, look at these dummies" stuff at the moment.

I agree a lot of these people are ridiculous, but we've got better things to talk about happening very shortly, and it'd be nice if the forums could enjoy the excitement and positive vibes without getting hung up on these dorks anymore.

Just a quick note, we're trying to discourage posting "haha, look at these dummies" stuff at the moment.

I agree a lot of these people are ridiculous, but we've got better things to talk about happening very shortly, and it'd be nice if the forums could enjoy the excitement and positive vibes without getting hung up on these dorks anymore.

You're right. I won't do so again unless it's something extraordinary that can't be ignored.

So yeah, now let's continue our favorite game: The Waiting Game. We, the Shenmue fans, are all professionals. Only rivaled by Half Life fans.

I know spags :) a joke here and there is no big deal right ? ;)
No big discussions or posting them here myself cause I just don't care.
Yeaaaaah, but it's kind of taken over a few topics previously, and now feels like the right time to kick it to the curb.

I had never even heard of Windows N until this update. And I thought I was on top of things related to Windows. Can't really see the point of a Windows 10 without media functionality.

So does Shenmue III use some form of codec or something that isn't available in Windows N?

For a moment I thought it was about the mighty Windows NT hahaha
Then They would release a special collectors edition Windows NT physical version with 5003 floppy discs. Everyone would be happy. You would need a forklift to go to the store and pick up the box.

Back