Kickstarter update #125 Shipping, Codes and Code Activation

I backed Shenmue III for a friend in the UK, and also for myself and I'm in Japan.
It's the 29th of November and we both haven't received anything yet.

I've logged into Fangamer and our addresses are correct.
Are other people having delays, or have I done something wrong?

PC or PS4?
If PS4, did you change the region or did you keep the default (EU version for UK, Japanese version for Japan)?
Did you confirm the shipping addresses in October (and filled out the Japanese address in English and Japanese)?

Hi runoid,

Thanks for the reply.
I ordered a physical PS4 version with Japan Region for myself, and I'm still waiting for it in Japan.
I ordered the PC version for my friend, and it's the EU version.

Yes I confirmed the shipping addresses and for my address I included the Japanese address.

I'm not complaining, as I've waited so many years for Shenmue III, so as long as it arrives eventually I'd be happy. My friend was asked me if I knew why his hadn't arrived yet, so that's why I asked here.

Do you know if we will just receive the game or would the rewards be shipped at the same time?

Hi runoid,

Thanks for the reply.
I ordered a physical PS4 version with Japan Region for myself, and I'm still waiting for it in Japan.
I ordered the PC version for my friend, and it's the EU version.

Yes I confirmed the shipping addresses and for my address I included the Japanese address.

I'm not complaining, as I've waited so many years for Shenmue III, so as long as it arrives eventually I'd be happy. My friend was asked me if I knew why his hadn't arrived yet, so that's why I asked here.

Do you know if we will just receive the game or would the rewards be shipped at the same time?
The Physical PC version and the Asia Region PS4 Physical will both not be arriving till a later date. To make up for this, you should have received a Digital Code for both version via you fangamer pages.
See the below from a recent Kickstarter Update:-

PC Physical Packages & Disks
Due to production circumstances, PC physical packages and disks will not be delivered by November 19th. Epic Games Store product codes, including for PC physical backers, will be delivered through your survey from Fangamer, so PC physical backers will be able to play at release.

We apologize for this delay and will post and update once physical packages and disks are ready to ship.

PS4 Physical - Asia Region
Also due to production circumstances, Asian region PS4 physical copies will not be delivered by November 19th. We do not have an exact date for delivery of the Asian region PS4 physical copies, so we are providing digital download codes for applicable backers through the survey on the day of release. Physical disks will be shipped as soon as production is complete.

We are sorry for this inconvenience, but hope you will enjoy the digital version during the wait. An announcement will be made once physical disks are ready to ship.

Sheephead, thank you very much for your reply. I missed that message >_<
I checked the fangamer account for my friend and yes, they've got digital codes there for him. So I've send him the codes over so he should be happy 😁

I'll have to wait for my physical copy, but I don't mind.

Thanks for the help.

Sheephead, thank you very much for your reply. I missed that message >_<
I checked the fangamer account for my friend and yes, they've got digital codes there for him. So I've send him the codes over so he should be happy 😁

I'll have to wait for my physical copy, but I don't mind.

Thanks for the help.
No worries, Glad I could help. As you had the physical PS4 Japanese Version, you should have a digital code for that too as they have been delayed sending out the physical version.

The Physical PC version and the Asia Region PS4 Physical will both not be arriving till a later date.

As you had the physical PS4 Japanese Version, you should have a digital code for that too as they have been delayed sending out the physical version.

I think they differentiate between the regions "Asia" and "Japan". In #114, they list "Asia (excl. Mainland China and Japan)" and "Japan". In #122, they are only mentioning "Asia".

@Kirino_Matsuyama If my above interpretation is correct (so, you don’t have a digital download code on your Fangamer page), the Japanese PS4 versions should be ready and already sent out. You might want to follow the advice from Update #125:

Please contact the shipper listed in the shipping notification mail from Fangamer, or contact Fangamer directly.

----

The rewards will be shipped later. For now, they only send out the physical PS4 versions (except for the region Asia, which seems to exclude Japan), and the backer-exclusive slip case.

I think they differentiate between the regions "Asia" and "Japan". In #114, they list "Asia (excl. Mainland China and Japan)" and "Japan". In #122, they are only mentioning "Asia".

@Kirino_Matsuyama If my above interpretation is correct (so, you don’t have a digital download code on your Fangamer page), the Japanese PS4 versions should be ready and already sent out. You might want to follow the advice from Update #125:

----

The rewards will be shipped later. For now, they only send out the physical PS4 versions (except for the region Asia, which seems to exclude Japan), and the backer-exclusive slip case.
Hi~I am new here and this is my first post ! I already received my kickstarter Asian version (Hong Kong) disc just right after the release date and waiting for the physical rewards. Really wanna know when will we get those physical rewards. Do you have any ideas about this ?

I'm in Japan and have't received anything yet. My friend in the UK is also waiting.
We have the Digital Codes, but I'm waiting for the physical game to arrive πŸ˜€

I'm in Japan and have't received anything yet. My friend in the UK is also waiting.
We have the Digital Codes, but I'm waiting for the physical game to arrive πŸ˜€
[/QUOTESt

Oh so you are still waiting for the physical game ? I already platinumed it and now waiting for the physical rewards~^^ Hope those dlc will be out asap~^^

Oh so you are still waiting for the physical game ? I already platinumed it and now waiting for the physical rewards~^^ Hope those dlc will be out asap~^^

Ahh, I think I've waited this long for Shenmue III that don't mind waiting for it to arrive at my door 😁
I've bought a few physical copies (to support the game) but left them unopened for now.
I'm surprised that I'm able to stop myself from opening up the games I purchased. I think I've had a lot of things on my plate this year, so subconsciously want to be in the right frame of mind when I play it πŸ‘

Anyway, if in the worse case I don't receive mine for quite some time, I'll play it on Steam.
I think it's still coming out a year after the official release date.

Well done with your platinum trophy 😁
πŸŽ‰ Happy New Year to you too! 🎊

Ahh, I think I've waited this long for Shenmue III that don't mind waiting for it to arrive at my door 😁
I've bought a few physical copies (to support the game) but left them unopened for now.
I'm surprised that I'm able to stop myself from opening up the games I purchased. I think I've had a lot of things on my plate this year, so subconsciously want to be in the right frame of mind when I play it πŸ‘

Anyway, if in the worse case I don't receive mine for quite some time, I'll play it on Steam.
I think it's still coming out a year after the official release date.

Well done with your platinum trophy 😁
πŸŽ‰ Happy New Year to you too! 🎊
[/Q

Happy New Year~You are really a shenmue fans ! I brought one more Limited Run CE too. As there's a free digital version given due to the the delay of the KS Asian PS4 physical disc, I didn't use them too~Which city do you live? I love Japan a lot and had been to Yokosuka once on 2006 because of Shenmue~^^

I've lived in Japan for around 10 years now. I live in the Kansai area and spent most of my time in Kyoto, but recently moved to Kobe.

Believe it or not, I haven't been over to Yokosuka yet!!!! I got the Yokosuka City Hall to send me a few of those Shenmue brochures πŸ˜‹, but I still haven't been yet.

I'm not normally an emotional type, but I feel that visiting Yokosuka will make me quite emotional, as the reason I came to Japan was because of Shenmue. I don't think I'm ready for all that emotion yet, so I've been putting it off. Maybe I'll visit the city in the next 5 years πŸ‘

Last year there was a large Shenmue event held by IGN Japan and Yokosuka City Hall (I think), but I put it off at the last minute. I kind of wish I went, but I think I'll enjoy visiting the city by myself.

Did you enjoy visiting Yokosuka?

P.S. Sorry for the off topic talk.

I've lived in Japan for around 10 years now. I live in the Kansai area and spent most of my time in Kyoto, but recently moved to Kobe.

Believe it or not, I haven't been over to Yokosuka yet!!!! I got the Yokosuka City Hall to send me a few of those Shenmue brochures πŸ˜‹, but I still haven't been yet.

I'm not normally an emotional type, but I feel that visiting Yokosuka will make me quite emotional, as the reason I came to Japan was because of Shenmue. I don't think I'm ready for all that emotion yet, so I've been putting it off. Maybe I'll visit the city in the next 5 years πŸ‘

Last year there was a large Shenmue event held by IGN Japan and Yokosuka City Hall (I think), but I put it off at the last minute. I kind of wish I went, but I think I'll enjoy visiting the city by myself.

Did you enjoy visiting Yokosuka?

P.S. Sorry for the off topic talk.
Hi~Really enjoy the trip though the time spent on there was not long~I love Kyoto the most in Japan and have been there several times. Really miss this beautiful city~You seems to be a rational person and I know you will have a nice, well-planned Shenmue journey~^^

Ahh there was a message on 9 January on the Kickstarter page, I think that I 'll get the game later on this month 😁

Physical reward fulfillment timeline
Rewards will be shipping as production finishes for each reward, so rewards will be shipped individualy in most cases.

Mid to late January 2020
Illustration
Yu Suzuki Signed Illustration
Concept Character Bust

Early February 2020
Physical CD Soundtrack
Shenmue III Official T-Shirt

March 2020 or later
Physical Artbook
Capsule Toys
Ryo's Jacket - Replica

~~~~

I can't wait, the DLC is also out already, so I might need to take a holiday for some serious gaming 😎

Ahh there was a message on 9 January on the Kickstarter page, I think that I 'll get the game later on this month 😁

Physical reward fulfillment timeline
Rewards will be shipping as production finishes for each reward, so rewards will be shipped individualy in most cases.

Mid to late January 2020
Illustration
Yu Suzuki Signed Illustration
Concept Character Bust

Early February 2020
Physical CD Soundtrack
Shenmue III Official T-Shirt

March 2020 or later
Physical Artbook
Capsule Toys
Ryo's Jacket - Replica

~~~~

I can't wait, the DLC is also out already, so I might need to take a holiday for some serious gaming 😎
Great~let's do this ! Good luck! I am still waiting for those physical rewards. Yesterday I sent a email to fangamer but not receive any reply yet. Lost those previous emails already. Is the email address "[email protected]" right ? ^^

Great~let's do this ! Good luck! I am still waiting for those physical rewards. Yesterday I sent a email to fangamer but not receive any reply yet. Lost those previous emails already. Is the email address "[email protected]" right ? ^^

I emailed them last week as haven't had any physical rewards either (I'm in the UK). I did get a reply but just a general response basically saying to keep an eye on Kickstarter updates and my emails for confirmation when things were being dispatched.

Back