Killer Instinct: 5 Year Anniversary (Xbox One)

Oregon Pacifist

Account Removed at Users Request
I put a good amount of effort into this video, going over the development of Killer Instinct and celebrating its 5 year anniversary. Enjoy!

Great video dude, agree on pretty much all points and great to see the passion for this IP still burns! I'd consider the KI reboot to be one of the fewer cases where a reboot truly managed to exceed on the originals on all fronts. I know the originals were big budget and jaw-dropping for the time compared to the reboot (at first anyway) but the technicality and finesse of the reboot...It's pretty exemplary imo, what they managed to pull off there and it still looks great too. And to think people panicked because Rare wasn't developing it lmao.

And that's not to dump on the originals or anything, they're fun and goofy games but I felt like they were always put on the backseat a bit from the other games, at least with the FG community here in the UK at the time. I feel like the reboot completely changed that perception and it's reputation for many, and the gameplay played a lot of competently then netherealm's games (despite the fact those games had bigger budgets/resources then KI) heck I still that's true personally, good to see I'm not the only one! :D

And yeah, the updates were actually exciting as well because they always felt substantial with meaningful additions. And the communication between them and the community was top notch throughout.

Really frantic, fast and fun, with a roster that has a lot of charm and variety, even with the new characters (which I feel many fighting games struggle with) and a phenomenal soundtrack. It also helped that it was priced well and offered a lot of value (also something I feel so many other fighters suffered from this gen).

I think the future's bright for this IP; excited for whatever else they come up with!

Man, the next time I have a moment: I'm definitely going to boot up this game again :D

Back