League of Legends Ruined My Life

Currently playing
Tft
Life used to be exciting, fun, and full of new adventure. From the early days of the SNES and Genesis, to the N64, PS2, Dreamcast, Xbox etc. Then about 7 or 8 years ago I began playing League of Legends and I basically stopped playing every other game out there. Even when I try to play console games today, I just can't get immersed like I used to. I am addicted to the League of Legends, but not in a good way. It's like every other game just doesn't hit the same. I am ashamed to admit it, but I've got this huge list of games that I've bought: Shenmue3, RE7/8, Evil Within 2, Red Dead 2, Witcher 3, and I've hardly played any of them. It especially hurts with Shenmue 3. I just have no interest. I even went back and started up Halo again, only made it through 3 levels and got bored. Being an adult sucks, but being addicted to one single game sucks even more.

Has a single game ever ruined you guys before? Like League has done to me?

i think it's well known that a lot of online games are designed to give you a buzz a bit like gambling.. some of these companies are currently being sued because of it.

i've experienced some mild, unpleasant online gaming addiction in the past, normally with online fps games.
i would often acknowledge i had a problem, uninstall the game, stop for a few days, then reinstall it and start all over again. only quitting cold turkey and learning about gaming addiction help me.. once you start to realize that they are designing these games to be addictive as possible etc, you can logically think about it and break the cycle.

if your experiencing gaming addiction and your not happy, work towards stopping.. it will make you feel better. i imagine there is lots of self help websites and forums.

i think it's well known that a lot of online games are designed to give you a buzz a bit like gambling.. some of these companies are currently being sued because of it.

i've experienced some mild, unpleasant online gaming addiction in the past, normally with online fps games.
i would often acknowledge i had a problem, uninstall the game, stop for a few days, then reinstall it and start all over again. only quitting cold turkey and learning about gaming addiction help me.. once you start to realize that they are designing these games to be addictive as possible etc, you can logically think about it and break the cycle.

if your experiencing gaming addiction and your not happy, work towards stopping.. it will make you feel better. i imagine there is lots of self help websites and forums.
This sounds just like nicotine tobacco addiction. Well, I guess all the addictions work the same

This sounds just like nicotine tobacco addiction. Well, I guess all the addictions work the same
They definitely do, usually they compound on each other, too; i.e., if you consume nicotine your chances of also consuming other substances increases etc. Gaming is no different.

However, the point of this thread was to see if y'all had any one game that kinda consumed your gaming interest over a course of time etc. Not an actual addiction lol

They definitely do, usually they compound on each other, too; i.e., if you consume nicotine your chances of also consuming other substances increases etc. Gaming is no different.

However, the point of this thread was to see if y'all had any one game that kinda consumed your gaming interest over a course of time etc. Not an actual addiction lol
Oh so you came here not to treat your addiction, you just wanted to see if someone else has an addiction like yours lol.

In my times of Overwatch i only played that for like idk almost a year. But hey at least i was in Master and reached Grand master :LOL:

Oh so you came here not to treat your addiction, you just wanted to see if someone else has an addiction like yours lol.

In my times of Overwatch i only played that for like idk almost a year. But hey at least i was in Master and reached Grand master :LOL:
Yes, exactly! I've started Shenmue 3, though—pretty excited about that.

I am not that type of player to get trapped by Leage of Legends type games. I hate it to play games just for the sake of playing. When I game I want to see the end. I want to be part of journey and I want to experience a story. Games without a ending are waste of time for me. I was and I am more a single player guy. and I will always be such type of gamer.

Life used to be exciting, fun, and full of new adventure. From the early days of the SNES and Genesis, to the N64, PS2, Dreamcast, Xbox etc. Then about 7 or 8 years ago I began playing League of Legends and I basically stopped playing every other game out there. Even when I try to play console games today, I just can't get immersed like I used to. I am addicted to the League of Legends, but not in a good way. It's like every other game just doesn't hit the same. I am ashamed to admit it, but I've got this huge list of games that I've bought: Shenmue3, RE7/8, Evil Within 2, Red Dead 2, Witcher 3, and I've hardly played any of them. It especially hurts with Shenmue 3. I just have no interest. I even went back and started up Halo again, only made it through 3 levels and got bored. Being an adult sucks, but being addicted to one single game sucks even more.

I could never get into the PC games but I had a friend who quit coming to work and stopped answering the phone. I grew concerned as the weeks went by because I thought something had happened to him. 2 months later this dude calls me and asks if he think the boss would give him his job back.

Long story short this dude quit coming to work because of World of Warcraft🤣. It was so bad that even the slightest mention of World of Warcraft would start hours of rants and arguments. Thats when I realized gaming was a drug💉

Reactions: red

Animal Crossing almost made me a addict. One of the characters in the game told me they were having a party and to come back at 5:00pm. I was getting ready to make preparations but something hit me I'm a grown ass man with responsibilities can't be keeping appointments with fictional mofos.

Animal Crossing almost made me a addict. One of the characters in the game told me they were having a party and to come back at 5:00pm. I was getting ready to make preparations but something hit me I'm a grown ass man with responsibilities can't be keeping appointments with fictional mofos.
FF7 got me very hard in the day, and my closet was covered with posters and stickers from magazines & guides depicting the game cast. I confused/mixed game with reality to the point of taking off every Aerith image, because dead. The idea was resurrecting her and put the stickers and shit back.

My only and longest gaming addiction has been... Shenmue 😏
not saying it's addiction but funny you say that.. back in the early 2000's, i replayed shenmue 1/2 countless times on the dreamcast to the point where it started to bum me out that the story wasn't going forward and it didn't have an ending.. in the end i stopped playing them and couldnt bring myself to replay those games until s3's release. (about 12 years)

not saying it's addiction but funny you say that.. back in the early 2000's, i replayed shenmue 1/2 countless times on the dreamcast to the point where it started to bum me out that the story wasn't going forward and it didn't have an ending.. in the end i stopped playing them and couldnt bring myself to replay those games until s3's release. (about 12 years)

I think most Shenmue fans have experienced Shenmue fatigue. We're such junkies we can quote the random NPCs🤣

Of course I meant that as a joke on this particular forum. I didn't play only Shenmue regularly and had a hiatus from it too for years as I've been burnt out by it like you. I think I never had a real gaming addiction as that usually means some online mmo's I think. But I've been addicted to some games in the past and spent much time with them, like Call of Duty multiplayer, Bloodborne and some others which I played for hundreds of real hours and loved every minute of them. I love to be addicted to a game which I like so much but it's very seldom it happened...

If you think your addiction is scary, read this. My youngest brother is on the spectrum, but if anything, he'd likely be playing with me.

For me, there's nothing better than a big group of friends playing an online game together, and it started with precursors to MMOs like Dragonrealms and only grew with games like PSO on the Dreamcast. There's really nothing that can top those highs, because they're like those amazing parties you sometimes have in life that are just the peak of existence.

...but like a good party, they're also impossible to manufacture or replicate, and I've just had to accept and remind myself of that. Games like WoW, FFXIV and PSO2 can just suck away my time, and they're almost inarguably inferior experiences compared with offline games due to the artificially slow progression, constant grinds, abysmal RNG, and cookie-cutter busy-work content.

Don't get me wrong, I still let myself get sucked into an MMO when there's an expansion or a big release, but I have to constantly remind myself that those special party moments are few and far between, and I can have way more fun by using that time to play numerous other deep, impactful, unique single player titles.

Back