Let's discuss the models art direction?

高野和泉

"SAKURA FESTIVAL!"
Do you guys feel like it's good enough overall?

Should Yu go the more non-Pixar/Disney esque route for future shenmue Npcs?

Who's your favorite?

Who's your least favorite?

Anything you wanna personally address?
----------------------------------------

At least this can be salvageable going forward if people are upset and let YS know because of the unique nature of Shenmue NPcs being one of a kind. Meaning the next town over, they can introduced brand new "appropriate" npcs to address the problem.

I still wonder why they didn't succeed to design Ryo properly while Shenhua is top-tier. Objectively, he is almost perfect but most of the time, his eyes look like wooden surface painted with a brush and it ruins a lot.

I think they tried too hard to replicate his original design and it leads the designer to an impossible task considering the art direction has changed. They should have slightly redesigned his concept design like they did positively with Shenhua. Or maybe the designer already made an upgraded version but they didn't have the time to fix the facial animation.

There are some npcs that are a little shaky but nothing out of the ordinary for shenmue. I am quite impressed with how the game looks. The issues are more in animation than character models I feel. Even then I barely notice it.

I think the best thing is it seems like a game that could be made as a sequel to shenmue 1 and 2 but today. It would have looked off if it had super realistic character models side by side with shenmue 1 and 2

Back