#LetsGetShenmue4 Promotional Material

Every time I see that tag under your name I wish I was creative enough to make the full lyrics Shenmue related. Or at least the next line where it's like HOOOOONNN TO NOOOOO

KAWASHIWIGAAA SHIRIII TOODI I GAY

these lyrics might not be completely accurate btw...

Well, if you ever get hit with inspiration, you need to post it here. The backstory makes the whole thing really entertaining.
Well I dont know Japanese, but we can try an English version :love:

Well I dont know Japanese, but we can try an English version :love:
OKAY MATE I DID IT (yeah I know, that was quick)

I took this English cover (that its awesome and everybody should listen):

And change a bit some lyrics:
Too late to let you know, what you meant to me
If I cry I'd only make you believe that I'm weak
Not gonna let you go, and my heart, it aches
But it's worth it, 'cause I swear to god, you'll be revenged

Know that we are near the day, when the pain will fade
and a part of me is lookin' for you, back on yesterday
N'er gonna get away, 'cause my heart, it burns
And I know if I keep stickin' around, I won't learn the Wude

Don't wanna cry
'Cause, father, I
Can feel freedom when I fight

The real folk Shenmue
I need the pain
My unhappiness is proof I'm not insane
'Cause when I'm close to you
I swear, I could die
Need to fight my life, yeah, fight like I'm alive
And it's a lonely road
Good luck and goodbye

We really need somebody singing this and make a video out of this.

And get it viral.

And Yu should see it.

And he should make it the intro of S4

And I should stop thinking that much but I cant

I figured I'd add something to the promotional material if the staff would accept it as such. Credit to the original art goes to Orioto on deviantart for the original art. It's beautiful in my eyes and I know it's only fair to give original credit where it's due.

I took the picture and did color modification within adobe photoshop which included messing with the balance of the gamma. Followed by taking the provided let's get shenmue 4 logo, editing that image with the drop eraser removing the mirrors and most of the background provided, and just leaving the hashtag and wording behind. It contrasted too much with the imagery of the original art and I am trying to give a fusion of both arts. Considering the mirrors are already provided within the original imagery I felt it was pointless to have it twice.

So, I tried to create something unique with my limited adobe skills as I am self-taught with no schooling. I haven't messed with the program itself in a long time. So, I hope I did it justice and it gets everyone's blessing.

shenmueartfinish.jpg

Definitely time to start trying to poach new Shenmue fans, through the anime, so they hop on board this campaign whether or not they're into the games! I've got no doubt the #letsgetshenmue4 campaign is gonna explode in the coming months with the brand new audience that's coming.

It'd be brilliant to see some sort of new "What's Shenmue?" video about the games, directed at new anime fans. Brilliant, but I don't know how to execute it!

Last edited:
Definitely time to start trying to poach new Shenmue fans, through the anime, so they hop on board this campaign whether or not they're into the games! I've got no doubt the #letsgetshenmue4 campaign is gonna explode in the coming months with the brand new audience that's coming.

It'd be brilliant to see some sort of new "What's Shenmue?" video about the games, directed at new anime fans. Brilliant, but I don't know how to execute it!
We did a podcast haha but I agree we could do with a shortened version.

Throwing my hat into the ring.

Uo0G9Rs.png

It's Ryo taking on Lan Di in front of the Western Gate of the Great Chinese Wall.

Guess I'm a bit too late with the submission.

Last edited:
I plan to flood this with created content in the coming weeks.

Back