Lower expectations

The best thing to do with a game before it comes out is to not set your expectations too high, otherwise you will be disappointed and won't see the game for what it is. Of course I hope Shenmue 3 will be just as good as the first two but things have changed. I feel that Yu will deliver a good game for the fans. However, I feel it all depends on the story.

To me story is the most important thing in a game, it keeps you playing and can change your opinion on it very quickly.
From what we have seen, this looks like the sequel we have waited all this time for but it will be different when we all play Shenmue III. I hope many will be happy with the game rather then mixed opinions.

I think many are underestimating how much better a polished Shenmue III will be upon release after it goes through the final development process...

Yu Suzuki-sama, Ys Net, and everyone involved haven't come out of retirement and invested their lives and legacy for nothing...

Shenmue III was delayed for good reason...just like Zelda: BOTW and many others...

To be honest, wouldn't be surprised if Shenmue III is the sleeper hit and Game of the Year...

The highest score of the year on Metacritic is just 91...

https://www.metacritic.com/pictures/best-videogames-of-2019-at-midyear

Anything is possible...

Me too! RDR2 has got to be one of the most overrated games by the press of all time.

I still haven’t finished RDR2 yet. Game kind of lost me around the end of chapter 3....I feel like it’s just dragging its feet for the sake of it. It feels like it’s going absolutely nowhere in terms of story. Shame, because the open world stuff is pretty good in it. I did enjoy the simple act of hunting and I enjoyed wandering through its world...but the story just didn’t keep me. It felt like it was just dragging its feet. But to be honest, I wasn’t that much of a fan of RDR either. From what I played, I liked RDR2 a little more but again, the pacing is just so glacial in that game that I’m struggling to find a reason to go back to it.

It’s not that I dislike TLOU, it’s more that I just don’t see the Citizen Kane comparisons. In order for that comparison to work, it would need to be an innovator that changed the way games were presented. But a lot of its tricks weren’t even new; most of them had already been done by the Uncharted franchise and it felt like an extension of what they were already doing (albeit with a much different tone) so I just don’t see the Citizen Kane comparisons...that to me is hyperbolic as all fuck.

Why does @SickOctopus keep spam 'laugh' reacting my posts? Doesn't he know passive-aggressive behaviour is way uncool?
Only the comments I strongly disagreed with. That said, I have overdone it, and was, admittedly, triggered somewhat by the time you laughed at one of my comments, which was pretty immature on my part.

Anyway, sorry about that, and no hard feelings. (y)

Only the comments I strongly disagreed with. That said, I have overdone it, and was, admittedly, triggered somewhat by the time you laughed at one of my comments, which was pretty immature on my part.

Anyway, sorry about that, and no hard feelings. (y)

Oh I thought you were spam reacting. It's been happening for a week or two. Sorry, I didn't realise I had done it for one of your posts. Apologies for that.

Why does @SickOctopus keep spam 'laugh' reacting my posts? Doesn't he know passive-aggressive behaviour is way uncool?

lol I don't spam react; I just genuinely agree and like almost everything everyone writes lol, so if you a bunch of reactions from me, I swear I'm not spamming!

If TAP every had a rep/reaction thing back in the day, you would've seen me go nuts there too ;)

lol I don't spam react; I just genuinely agree and like almost everything everyone writes lol, so if you a bunch of reactions from me, I swear I'm not spamming!

If TAP every had a rep/reaction thing back in the day, you would've seen me go nuts there too ;)

Haha I'm fine if people want to spam react. I do it sometimes and it's not really spamming. Like you said, I just like a bunch of posts I like and I can do it a ton if I haven't been on the forum in a number of hours. TAP does have a react system now btw. It used to have a + or - system, but the minus system was removed due to people feeling it's a little mean. Now we just has a 'like' reaction.

Back