Magic Monaco Press Conference March 9th 2019 Part 2 Discussion and Reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also doubt it will fail for the fans. It is going to be the game that fans are looking forward for. I am quite positive about it. It might be a super hit, like some AAA titles out there but that's fine. I never expect that anyway.

All we as Shenmue fans care about is closure to the story anyhow. 17 years ago any of us would have taken even a simple book or manga comic just to know what happens. But here we now have a living, breathing game so it puts things in perspective how grateful we should be. I recall sending an email to Yu Suzuki back in 2003 pleading with him to just release the script or make it into a book. Now we're 24 hours from seeing the true successor in the flesh.

This is stuff dreams are made of! :giggle:

I am really glad that Monaco is in my time zone so I can get the info in real time. Normally that is impossible with other big events like the e3 which are in completely different time zone.

mmmm really debating if I should wake up at 6am to see a conference in french, not knowing if they are going to stream it, and not knowing if they're showing the trailer at that time, or crazy time, or whenever.

I'm getting up early to go Ice Fishing anyways, as the ice will be gone/not stellar after this weekend, so it should be perfect for me to rise and shine to!

mmmm really debating if I should wake up at 6am to see a conference in french, not knowing if they are going to stream it, and not knowing if they're showing the trailer at that time, or crazy time, or whenever.
It depends if you want to be here as the news breaks or not. No problem in just sleeping through it and catching up later, but if you really love that anticipation and zeitgeist before and immediately after news drops, then it just might be worth getting up early even if there's nobody showing it on periscope or whatever.

And besides, the broad strokes of what's going on will be on social media anyway.

Everyone's getting nervous but Im quite optimistic. Im halfway expecting to see footage that won't show up in the final game.

In other words, it's very possible some Shenmue IV footage might get sprinkled in for the trailer. Not putting it past Yu Suzuki to do something like this.

giphy.gif

One thing that reassures me about Shenmue 3 is that Yu Suzuki has personally selected people to develop the game who are passionate about the series, such as Nocon Kid. I recall an interview with Yu-San where he stated that he was once at a restaurant when a die-hard fan approached him and expressed how to him how much he loved the series and his desire to work on the game. Yu hired him.

If YSNet is composed of a team like this, then you can be sure that it is heart and soul that has gone into this game, regardless of outcome or reviews.

A look back:

This is it guys. The moment we've been waiting for since Shenmue 2 came out over 17 years ago. Years of disappointment with no Shenmue 3 at E3, a series that really seemed dead and sadness spreading but we never gave up hope.

We waited for one of the happiest days of our lives (E3 2015) and tomorrow could be another. It's such a mystery as to what they will show in the trailer but this time surely they can't be low key again. The game already looks beautiful so seeing gameplay is very exciting. If it weren't for kickstarter reviving the series then Shenmue 3 would never have happened.

To those that aren't here, enjoy this moment with us because no matter where Yu Suzuki went, he was asked about the 3rd game. I don't wanna get my hopes up for tomorrow but it's so hard not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back