Magic Monaco Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap, now I've got to wait an entire month.

Honestly, I don't know what more you could want from Ryo's face at this point. He looks awesome, even if he is caught mid-chat. Shenhua's face is certainly different, more like a real person, but looks great nonetheless. I think it's just her fashion sense that's questionable...

She looks amazing man! I don't know aht more can you ask.
As of this particular image, it just might be the angle.

She looks good but VERY different. She's like a completely new characer. Ryo looks great imho.

She looks good but VERY different from the previous games. She's like a completely new characer. Ryo looks great imho.
She looked like a new character since S3 was announced, they never did get her model right, but they made her "cuter", which is Yu Suzuki's aim anyway.

Wonder what the delay is on getting the direct feed screen uploaded. Maybe someone should (politely) bug Cedric about that?

It's hard to tell if they've made any actual model tweaks IMO, but the character lighting looks improved.

I honestly think the demo will be given out to backers either on or very close to the date of the convention, they're just trying to surprise backers. I'm probably wrong however, that's what I'd do in their position.

Wonder what the delay is on getting the direct feed screen uploaded. Maybe someone should (politely) bug Cedric about that?

It's hard to tell if they've made any actual model tweaks IMO, but the character lighting looks improved.
I think they did. Ryo's face has been elongated a bit, which is a welcome change because his facial features were compressed previously.

As a result, he looks more natural now.

... Or maybe I'm imagining things due to facial animations + lighting.

Idealistically I would like them to produce a trailer like how Rockstar produce their trailers. Rockstar usually wait until a month or two before launch and just give a full blow out in a gameplay trailer. I kind of would like something like that for next month. A full blow out "this is the world of Shenmue 3" type trailer.

Ahhh who am I kidding, I'll take whatever I can get at this point but it would be nice to see a trailer crafted in that vein. One that shows off gameplay and maybe gives an indication of some story beats without giving away too much.

It's the first time we've seen that "walking down the path" Ryo from a front-on view though...and he looks glorious.

I think they did. Ryo's face has been elongated a bit, which is a welcome change because his facial features were compressed previously.

As a result, he looks more natural now.

... Or maybe I'm imagining things due to facial animations + lighting.
The angle the photo has been taken at might be warping his features a little. Can't say for sure until we see direct feed.

tV0yUUl.jpg

I like a lot what I'm seeing, very happy with this graphic level. In my opinion Ryo is already the Ryo we know. I'd love to see this screen in full hd, why on the earth don't Cedric upload this picture?

I would like to say they got it right, but they seem to keep making changes on his face so I can't say for sure now...

Plus lighting can change one's impression of the faces, making them look different each time.

But the screenshot gives me good vibes... Ryo is the most "alive" he has been in any S3 media released so far.

Yea, it's hard to make a determination with static screenshots with certain angles/lighting/etc.

Tough to see from the picture quality, but Ryo does appear more alive in the eyes and expressions. I'm sure they're still making refinements to both he and Shenhua, trying to find the most true to form reflections. All still seems like a work in progress.

For comparison, I believe this is an image they showed at MAGIC 2018.

S3_MAGIC_2018_02_From-a-scene-featuring-the-recently-introduced-character.jpg

Maybe it is just the low quality picture and the fact I am looking at it on a small phone screen but my first impression is they made Ryo's face look 5 years younger and beautifued him and it looks like they aged Shenhua's face up into mid 20s. I will wait for a better source before I am sure but I dunno, I am not feeling it currently.

I truly believe that Yu-san wants to make the best game possible, however the decisions being made "around" the game are getting more and more ridiculous as time moves on. This game openly accepted public funding and then REPEATEDLY the choice is made to not show things to the entire public. "Gameplay" will be shown to a selected group of people. That selected group of people should...nay...needs to be the KickStarter backers. UNACCEPTABLE. The new screenshot looks great, but don't dangle a distraction in front of me to mask the fact that you are STILL hiding the gameplay footage. Who in their right mind thinks this is a good idea? This is simply becoming a test of patience. Cedric really needs to stop using Shenmue as a way to promote Magic Monaco. It is remarkably selfish. Matt and I are recording an episode tomorrow. The episode was originally intended to be an upbeat fun show, but I don't think that will be the case anymore. Stay tuned....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back