Mainstream Press/Journalist is hating on Cyberpunk 2077

Never thought this would be a thing. I thought everybody and their grandma was gonna make this the gangbusters of the year in 2020. Huh.
Why? It has been receiving criticism since it was announced back in 2013. It's not like the witcher games didn't get criticism previously either.

Of course they are, because its cool to hate. It's 2019. Didn't you get the memo?

Hate generates clicks.
Clicks give them revenue.
Clicks mean the writer gets paid. (considering most of them are paid per targeted number of clicks)

I don't even think half of these writers truly believe the shit they peddle...they know what they're doing and they know that it's the easiest way to get clicks.

Why I won't even click on most of this shit anymore...I'd rather not reward it.

Hate generates clicks.
Clicks mean the writer gets paid. (considering most of them are paid per targeted number of clicks)

I don't even think half of these writers truly believe the shit they peddle...they know what they're doing and they know that it's the easiest way to get clicks.

I've been hyped for cyberpunk since day one (seriously, you can see my posts from back in 2013 on the old forum for proof) but I don't think Journalists who write that they were underwhelmed by the gameplay should automatically be labeled as clickbaiters, professional liars and more. It doesn't sound too crazy that the combat isn't amazingly innovative, new and fresh when the main focus of the game is the world, story, atmosphere and rpg elements. The witcher 3 had a similar issue according to a great nber of people (i didn't really see it though, but I dont play many hack n slash games so I'm not really an expert in that genre)

Saw the video, but seemed more like "some people like it, some don't".
Not really a full-on backlash.
Also, for a game that is around the corner, we haven't seen that much.
I'm going to be playing it anyway (and most people also lol).

Hate generates clicks.

I think so too. I try to avoid games journalism websites as much as I can. I get my infos from forum or from he official Xbox and Playstation Magazine and German M Games.

I really love print media. It is just about gaming and not about controversies that generates clicks like the web news outlets.

I am lookinng forward to to Cyberpunk btw.I really like the setting it looks interesting.

The gameplay I have seen so far also looks quite promising. I cannot wait to play it for myself.

The time when only Gamers wrote About games are over. It is more likely you find true gamers in the old School print media.

The Internet outlets are not for classic Gamers anymore. There are jounalists on These sites that act like failed jounalists. People that failed to be big part in politics journalism and just got the because they had no choice.

If you read many Internet arcticles you feel no love for games. They are not connected to the medium. It is just Business for them. They write About a Topic they do not want to write about in the first place.

I'd recc to just switch careers or actually you know start to be really into games and back up the gaming creds to compliment thier title as a game journalist even if this is an alternate path from the original political/undercover journalist dream job.

Back