Metro article: Shenmue 4 is definitely happening hints developer

I just googled this one which released from Metro about half an hour ago. This is at least hopeful looking but I think the article is interpreting simple optimism for some kind of confirmation. I think Suzuki is just being positive about S4, although I would love to see some further evidence.

Lol. This is to do with that Lakshya post I found. I’m glad it’s developed into a bigger story. Deep Silver and Ys Net need to know the fans want Shenmue 4!

keep hunting for clues. The more fanfare the better. Can’t say no one cares about Shenmue when a tiny little rumor spreads like wildfire.

lol it's pretty crazy that a comment from 3 weeks ago (that MJQ found) has managed to pick up so much traction. Regardless of what Lakshya's post was meant to portray (a slip-up of groundwork on S4, hope, or just general thanks to the towards YSnet) it's started to blow up. If enough articles appear, I feel like someone, either YSnet, Deep Silver, or Lakshya themselves will have to make a comment to clarify things. I highly doubt that YSnet or Deep Silver will just come out and announce Shenmue IV this way, so I'd expect we'd get the "We have nothing to announce currently, but we are always listening to the fans" statement.

Either way, it's good press, and also lets the teams involved know that the want for Shenmue IV is there. Games Journalism never ceases to amaze me lol.

Last edited:
I was sort of hoping sharing this on Resetera would have a domino effect. I think that’s where these vultures picked up the news. The Metro article actually seems to be based on ShenSun’s thread!

I don’t see any possible way forcing the news Shenmue 4 is happening will backfire, honestly. People don’t want to feel like they’re wasting their time playing 3. I think it’s a great boost to the game.

I was sort of hoping sharing this on Resetera would have a domino effect. I think that’s where these vultures picked up the news. The Metro article actually seems to be based on ShenSun’s thread!

I don’t see any possible way forcing the news Shenmue 4 is happening will backfire, honestly. People don’t want to feel like they’re wasting their time playing 3. I think it’s a great boost to the game.

Mission accomplished lol

giphy.gif

Bluemue's Shenmue III QTE Fail video is also doing the rounds over there. Getting some great comments to be honest.

But Metro though.... *shrugs* Appreciate I'm not the target demographic perhaps but still.... Metro ain't exactly high tier publishing...

The news spread is a positive thing of course but I deeply question the validity...

They're pretty much just reposting what we've posted here.

Shows the power of Resetera. I certainly hopes this forces hands of Suzuki and co but honestly I expect not to hear anything substantial until DLC is released but still good news nonetheless.

Back