Miku games/mascot/brand thread

高野和泉

"SAKURA FESTIVAL!"
K, who here follows/experimented with this Sega IP?

Discuss some low-lights/high-lights?

Personally, seeing Sega sponsoring hologram concerts like this:

finally opened my eyes to how "not-niche" this franchise is to Sega.

The only interest I ever had in Hatsune Miku was the Black Rock Shooter song. And with Black Rock Shooter, the only interest I had was in the TV anime.

Did you know about the game too?

Even tried it? :unsure:
Yeah, I have. I remember having difficulty passing the bike section without getting hit. I did not enjoy the story that much as it is a proverbial defrosting the ice queen trope. I tend to see Black Rock Shooter as a quiet stoic protagonist, not an emotional one. The only media in my opinion that has done her character justice is the TV anime.

I will admit though that I did enjoy the opening sequence of the game.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have. I remember having difficulty passing the bike section without getting hit. I did not enjoy the story that much as it is a proverbial defrosting the ice queen trope. I tend to see Black Rock Shooter as a quiet stoic protagonist, not an emotional one. The only media in my opinion that has done her character justice is the TV anime.

I will admit though that I did enjoy the opening sequence of the game.
Similar to you, I didn't find the game too enjoyable either. The anime was pretty good.

Due to this thread, I looked the character up; I thought she was a Sega creation, a Sega property, etc.

Amazed at what Japan is trying to do with her (in a good way!) and if anyone wanted to believe that holograms would eventually exist, well, here you go! lol

Due to this thread, I looked the character up; I thought she was a Sega creation, a Sega property, etc.

Amazed at what Japan is trying to do with her (in a good way!) and if anyone wanted to believe that holograms would eventually exist, well, here you go! lol
Miku is to Sega like Sports games are to EA. They're the biggest franchise license holder.

and yea, Japan really love their virtua idols. Figuratively and literally. :sneaky:

I blind imported Hatsune Miku Project Diva F when it first dropped on the Vita way back when. Just because I loved Rhythm games but at the time, I had no experience with Hatsune Miku. Didn't know who or what she was. I just ordered the game because I liked Rhythm Games and wanted to a Rhythm Game on my Vita. I ended up loving it so much and got so addicted to it that I platinum-ed said Japanese version. It was played many times over on my daily train commutes to work.

I blind imported Hatsune Miku Project Diva F when it first dropped on the Vita way back when. Just because I loved Rhythm games but at the time, I had no experience with Hatsune Miku. Didn't know who or what she was. I just ordered the game because I liked Rhythm Games and wanted to a Rhythm Game on my Vita. I ended up loving it so much and got so addicted to it that I platinum-ed said Japanese version. It was played many times over on my daily train commutes to work.
Sega are masters at rhythm games. I've played some of the other Non-sega Miku games and they...lets just say they don't measure up at all. :whistle:

Back