Mods for the MS Store version?

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Shenmue I & II hit the Microsoft Store and is now also an Xbox Live enabled game pass title.
So how about looking into the possibilities of applying the mods to this version?

It is certainly harder to get to the files for starters. It required some tinkering with the access rights to see what's in the Windows App folder, even as an administrator. And that was just to SEE the files. Haven't found success in replacing or changing anything anywhere yet.

Anyway the file structure is pretty much the same as the Steam version at least. File names are a bit different and file sizes vary slightly. It says that the game is version 1.0.5.0 so it might actually be just what that version was on Steam.

I wonder how feasible it is to even mess with this version. Anyone else interested? I'd love to get the improved audio and widescreen mod in there asap but as always I can't do much more than come up with ideas and look at things...

I tried to put some translation mods, but that's impossible because of access rights.

I don't know why, the people that did this port are Ultimatum Games. So i don't know if it's a port from Steam version or from XBox One version. The folders are exactly the same...

Back