My girlfriend has been diagnosed with hyperpigmentation of the skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It started 6 months ago when we noticed a small black spot on her face. We just ignored it. Until 2 months ago when it started spreading all over her body. Her physician says she will be completely black by January 2020. My friends and relatives say I should end the relationship with her,I don't think so we have been together over 4 years and now engaged. 3055

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 20
She woke me up crying because its now spreading to her arms and legs. I assured her that she will be my girl always,even when she becomes completely black. She just hugged me and didn't say anything.

Attachments

• legs and arms (2).jpg
    legs and arms (2).jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 16
She woke me up crying because its now spreading to her arms and legs. I assured her that she will be my girl always,even when she becomes completely black. She just hugged me and didn't say anything.
There's nothing I can say to help or make it any better but I wish you the best in this horrible time.

It just breaks my heart how much shes changing. Left pic is December 2018,1 month before the 1st spot appeared. Right pic is this morning. Even with heavy makeup she applied to hide the spots, you can tell even her facial features are changing.

Attachments

• December 2018.jpg
    December 2018.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Now.jpg
    Now.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 50
I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope you are both ok.

What I might suggest is see if there are any clinical trials that are going on in this area. You never know. It could be worth looking at.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope you are both ok.

What I might suggest is see if there are any clinical trials that are going on in this area. You never know. It could be worth looking at.
Thanks for your suggestion. We tried that last month,but hers is a type that's irreversible,even slowly developing secondary facial characteristics of a black woman.:crying:

Never fear; if you love her, that's all that matters; I wouldn't care less if my wife had developed this and I would love her just the same.

You stay with someone because of the person they are, not because of their appearance.

You guys will get through it and have a wonderful life; life is full of obstacles, but we can overcome anything!

Never fear; if you love her, that's all that matters; I wouldn't care less if my wife had developed this and I would love her just the same.

You stay with someone because of the person they are, not because of their appearance.

You guys will get through it and have a wonderful life; life is full of obstacles, but we can overcome anything!
Your first sentence is what I needed to hear. People here in my country of Greece,are 100 years backwards. Some friends of mine actually told me, "dump her since she is becoming a n...er." Didn't spell the whole thing out,but you know what they said.No longer speaking to them.

:(, that is awful.

Absolutely awful. I already don't like the term very much, but not only is that horribly derogatory, it is false and saddening...

Not at all telling you how to live your life, but I think you need new friends lol :$

EDIT: You said you aren't speaking to them anymore. Fantastic man, not only have you shown class and gentlemanly behavior by sticking with her, but you're also showing integrity by refusing to communicate with them.

Bravo!

Really trying my hardest to get used to it. Its 1 thing for her skin becoming black,but she has the rare type 2 where she develops secondary facial characteristics of a black woman. Physician says her look will be changing constantly,and will settle to its final look in January.

First, I'm sorry to hear about your partner's condition. I hope you help her battle her way through this. Second, the people who told you to leave her because she's suffering from this are, in my opinion, racist idiots. If there's no underlying health condition involved here that threatens her life, then it's merely dermatologic & should be treated that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back