Nazomi in the trailer?

Hi all,

Watched the trailer () and saw the below - look on the right.

1534937160773.png

Does anyone else think this looks like Nazomi?

Why on earth would Nozomi be in Choubu?

I wouldn't doubt Nozomi being an easter egg in the game somewhere, maybe a phone call, but I doubt her character will be in the game.

Nozomi was already confirmed to be one of the phone call contacts to backers of the game, so she is making a cameo that way rather than in person. Same goes for Guizhang and Fuku-San and Ine-San, I believe(?)

If the character looks like Nozomi, it's not Nozomi lmfao

I would be extremely disappointed if Tom appeared in Shenmue 3 in person. I love Shenmue for its realism, and we all know hot dogs weren't introduced to China until the 90s.

I was in a constant state of cringe during the Kickstarter, when people kept making ridiculous requests to bring back characters like Tom and Goro. It just blew my mind. Those characters are the equivalent of a sneeze in the Shenmue story. Just, ugh.

I was in a constant state of cringe during the Kickstarter, when people kept making ridiculous requests to bring back characters like Tom and Goro. It just blew my mind. Those characters are the equivalent of a sneeze in the Shenmue story. Just, ugh.

Agreed. A lot of Shenmue I's charm were characters like that, but the reason the series as a whole is so impactful is that we had to say goodbye to Ryo's hometown and his friends. I'm not even wild about the fact that you'll be able to phone Nozomi, Fuku-san, etc because it's coming off as simple fan-service for backers. There seemed to be a lot of requests to bring fork-lifting back as well - nostalgia can be blinding, I guess.

nazomi.png
Lady with white sweater, pale skin, short dark hair.
Similar, yes. Good eye ^_~ are you that observant, or were you looking for her?

YES. I have to admit I've gotten somewhat sick of this too, and I hope Yu isn't going to put too much fan-servicey references for the sake of it. I don't understand why people can;t get their head round the idea of the first game simply being the tip of the huge iceberg that is the overall story of the saga. Harsh as it sounds, it was simply to establish Ryo's character and set him off on his journey - that's it!

It's the same for the forklifts, it was funny at first but ended being a bit boring working and racing with it at the harbour every day. Now Suzuki put them again in S3 just because of the fans asking for them.

It's the same for the forklifts, it was funny at first but ended being a bit boring working and racing with it at the harbour every day. Now Suzuki put them again in S3 just because of the fans asking for them.
Forklifts can be found in most harbors around the world and given that operating them has been his only real job, it makes sense that should he require money, Ryo might apply for another job driving forklifts.

It certainly makes a lot more sense that Tom, Goro or Nozomi turning up in some random Chinese town!

Agreed. A lot of Shenmue I's charm were characters like that, but the reason the series as a whole is so impactful is that we had to say goodbye to Ryo's hometown and his friends. I'm not even wild about the fact that you'll be able to phone Nozomi, Fuku-san, etc because it's coming off as simple fan-service for backers. There seemed to be a lot of requests to bring fork-lifting back as well - nostalgia can be blinding, I guess.

I also hope that Shenmue III isn't just packed with fan service for the sake of fan service. Although, for characters like Nozomi, Fuku-San and Ine-san, it's not that far fetched that Ryo would call home from time to time to let his "family" know he's still doing okay and Nozomi is one of his closest friends. Those, I am okay with.

Back