Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Nothing 😔
PSN
Truck_1_0_1_
Steam
Truck_1_0_1_
So this is a bit random, but I'm trying to translate this song title (think what you want when you listen to it, but I like Zeebra a lot lol :D)

ビートモクソモネェカラキキナ

I believe the Romaji is, "Bītomokusomone~erakikina." I have tried every possible way to put that into a translator, writing out the katakana, splitting the words and syllables up, etc. and the only translations I've gotten are:

"No beats or shit." (Just the first part of the word)
"Breast Breast."
"Defeat Moxomony."

Etc., a lot of randomness lol

I have a feeling there just isn't a translation for those words, but any ideas, @danielmann861 @Switch ?

Any help is always appreciated! :D

ビート -- Beat

The rest of it is alluding me though. I put it up on my Facebook asking for help so I'll let you know if any of my Japanese friends get back to me with a translation.

DeepL Translate told me it was "Beats a Bitch" but I don't know if I trust that. Lol.

I mean DeepL is generally very good and reliable 80% of the time, but this either screams wacky wordplay or gibberish to me.

shenmuetrucktranslation.jpg

Now that he explains it, I can see it. But yeah, that's what my pal Yoshiki told me.

"Listen to my song, it doesn't fucking matter if it has rhythm or not"

Or "it doesn't fucking matter what you fuckers think"

Last edited:
Also being all in katakana obscures the meaning somewhat, at least for us non-native speakers. It's a little more apparent when written out in hiragana & kanji... (but just a little!): ビートもクソもねえから聞きな

Also being all in katakana obscures the meaning somewhat, at least for us non-native speakers. It's a little more apparent when written out in hiragana & kanji... (but just a little!): ビートもクソもねえから聞きな
Yeah I didn't even realise it was Kiki as in Kiku or Kikimasu until Yoshiki gave me his translation of it. Then it sort of clicked.

As for the middle part, I was getting confused thinking it was a loaned word when I first read it. Didn't even realise it was simply "mo kuso mo" and not a loan word :D

Just kept thinking: "what the fuck is Mokusomo in English?" :LOL: It's tricky because my brain sees Kana and instantly thinks "must be a loan word"

Damn Kana!

lol thanks so much, Dan! And Switch!

Yeah, usually Google Translate has an easy time with a word or two (sentences, it's useless in ANY language, for the most part), but when it wasn't translating it directly, I knew this was a tricky one lol.

Really appreciate the help, thank you so much! :D

EDIT: Just copied and pasted Switch's hiragana and kanji and...

1629379686573.png

lol so it's still having a bit of trouble, compared to what Yoshiki said, but it is indeed a bit closer ;)

lol thanks so much, Dan! And Switch!

Yeah, usually Google Translate has an easy time with a word or two (sentences, it's useless in ANY language, for the most part), but when it wasn't translating it directly, I knew this was a tricky one lol.

Really appreciate the help, thank you so much! :D

Well in this case, all translation machines would see it as gibberish due to the way it's written I think.

Translation machines have come a long way. They're certainly better than what they were when I first started learning. Back when I started learning, even gramatically correct stuff was pretty sloppy in translate. Especially long and complex sentences. But over the years they have improved. But stuff like this still doesn't compute with them.

But you're welcome none the less.

View attachment 12561

lol so it's still having a bit of trouble, compared to what Yoshiki said, but it is indeed a bit closer ;)

Well the kiki na at the end is imperative (I think from memory?)....as in "listen to this, damn it!" while "mo kuso mo" is "even if it is shit" while ne kara is sort of "right" and "because"

So technically it is something along the lines of "listen to this, even if the beat is shit." But Kuso can be loosely translated to "fuck" as well as there is no real word for "fuck" in Japanese.

I do like Yoshiki's translation for it though :D

But yeah, he isn't wrong with his translation. It's pretty much what it is saying. :D Even there in Google translate, I can kind of see it even if the English translation isn't quite right :LOL: But I'm kind of used to figuring out what Google translate is actually trying to say :LOL:

Try using DeepL...it tends to give better results btw.

Back