NEW "Air Twister" Interview with Yu Suzuki (Released: 13 Sept. 2023)

If you can say, besides Air Twister, are YSNET working on any other projects currently – or perhaps have any plans in the pipeline that we can look forward to?

I am not at liberty to discuss development related information 😁.

That 😁 at the end gives me hope that Shenmue 4 is in development.

Wow! So awesome that the Dojo managed to get an interview with the man himself! What a great interview.

Seems like he is very happy with ININ Games, so hopefully they managed to do good by him and are a great partner going forward!

lol I love how 3 questions are basically, what are you up to :p and probing him about Shenmue :D! He replied with the answers that were probably expected, but seems they are up to something lol. Fingers crossed that Air Twister does well on the consoles and that helps move things along!

GJ once again!

Regarding Shenmue, this bit gives me hope:

"I don’t have anything to share with you now. When we are in a position to do so, we’ll be in touch."

'When we are in a position to do so' sounds more hopeful than the responses we usually get and could even be a pointer that something is going on...

But then again, "Currently we do not have concrete plans" also sounds like quite a direct "no" in response to whether there are plans for Shenmue. It could be misdirection, I suppose...

Interview at the level of the legend interviewed. He is clearly playing his cards as he doesn't want to downplay its moment. Technique "stick and carrot".
Did he actually made a grin smile at that question or is just "literary freedom" of the interview author?
Uh, mean Suzuki jeje mean machine!
Note everyone that he said that when announcing gets greenlight, he will make contact with keyholders here! This guy is great.
I only accept being called veteran player by him.

Interview at the level of the legend interviewed. He is clearly playing his cards as he doesn't want to downplay its moment. Technique "stick and carrot".
Did he actually made a grin smile at that question or is just "literary freedom" of the interview author?
Uh, mean Suzuki jeje mean machine!
Note everyone that he said that when announcing gets greenlight, he will make contact with keyholders here! This guy is great.
I only accept being called veteran player by him.
He legitimately left the emoji. I just copied and pasted the answers in

Thanks for this interview and for asking about Shenmue. As said already, this is basically what we expected and is open to interpretation in regards to what they are currently working on. Maybe no plans for more updates to Air Twister is a good sign if they are too busy doing what we hope. Still hope we hear soon either way as it has been far too long.

Nice to see a new interview with Yu Suzuki, good interview.

I played Air Twister when it was released on Apple Arcade, i love Air Twister and i can't wait to play the game again but now on consoles and PC, and i'm glad that now more people will be able to play the game.

I also hope that ININ Games will be a great partner for YSNET going forward.

I'm so glad that Yu Suzuki has his own studio YS NET and continues making games, from what he said it really looks like he has other projects going forward but can't say yet.

Air Twister is now on PlayStation Store, for now we can only put in the wishlist and follow the game.

AirTwister.jpg

About Shenmue IV...

"I don’t have anything to share with you now. When we are in a position to do so, we’ll be in touch."

"I am not at liberty to discuss development related information 😁"

This part gives me hope, if we don't hear anything about Shenmue IV at TGS this year then i believe Shenmue IV will be announced in 2024.

If we don't get any news next year about the future of Shenmue then i will start to get worried about the future of the Shenmue Series, but right now i continue to have hope.

LetsGetShenmueIV 💚

It disappoints me a little that there is nothing new in the console versions. I did everything on the Apple version and expected at least one new thing. On the other hand, it's good that they don't waste their time doing new things for this game. There are plenty of costumes and things to unlock. It is better to focus their attention entirely on the new secret project.

The interview shows that they are working on something they can't talk about. Whether it is Shenmue 4 or something else is not clearly understood. That's not enough for me to draw any conclusions. :)

If it's not Shenmue, the only thing that will reduce the pain a little is Virtua Fighter 6 or a new Outrun (or similar) game. :)

Definitely! I don't know why but I want very badly Niao Sun in Virtua Fighter! :D Even though Yu says there's nothing new in Air Twister, I'm still hoping for some Eastern Egg hinting at Shenmue. We'll see soon, november is on the horizon. :)

While “I don’t have anything to share with you now” sounds hopeful, “Currently we do not have concrete plans” at the same time doesn’t sound positive.

We’ll see if it’s misdirection I guess.

In fairness, his “Currently we do not have concrete plans" was specifically in response to a question about using the knowledge and cash from Air Twister in future Shenmue projects

Back